Forum Thread
Gamefront 403 Forbidden (Forums : Support : Gamefront 403 Forbidden) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 9 2012 Anchor

Hey guys, going for a new playthrough in KOTOR and having a little problem downloading mods for it, I wanted the KOTOR ultimate but every time I got redirect to Gamefront and going to start download the file I get a 403 forbidden error, already tried with Chrome and Opera, both the same thing, tried the other mods and even the other's in Filefront which also downloads from Gamefront it always give me this error.I also tried with the firewall and anti-virus disabled didn't work either.
Anyone also having this problem?

Nov 15 2012 Anchor

i have the same problem :(

please someone help i really want spawn mod for stalker cop :(

Edited by: kilertrtr

Nov 15 2012 Anchor

Gamefront wrote: Can I download Game Front files from any territory in the world?
A: Game Front file downloads are not supported in the following territories. If you’re not in one of the below territories and are still having issues with our servce, please submit a ticket and we’ll look into it.

Argentina
Mexico
Chile
Spain
Thailand
Poland
Colombia
Brazil
France
Venezuela
Italy
Peru
Uruguay
Malaysia
Turkey
Indonesia
India
Ecuador
Costa Rica
Honduras
Hungary
Philippines
Portugal
Romania
Russian Federation
Serbia
Singapore
Sweden
Japan
Indonesia

Gamefront.com

@kilertrtr you should be able to download in Lithuania, it's not on the list. Maybe it's blocked by Gamefront too?

Nov 17 2012 Anchor

if its blocked what should i do? :confused:

maybe "hack" it or something? :eyebrow:

Edited by: kilertrtr

Nov 19 2012 Anchor

Maybe you could use a proxy to pass by country filtering or simply find mirrors elsewhere.

To see all mirrors of ModDB downloads you simply need to add /all to the link of the download displayed after you hover your mouse over DOWNLOAD NOW! button.

So for example KotOR - Ultimate download button link:
moddb.com/downloads/start/39195
moddb.com/downloads/start/39195/all <- this should display all available mirrors

Nov 22 2012 Anchor

@feillyne Unfortunately my country is on the list you provided so I'm unable to download some stalker mods which are only available on Gamefront. Just wanted to ask if you have any info about will they "fix" that issue eventually or is there some certain policy towards listed countries concerning downloading and other stuff?
Thanks for any help or info.
Cheers

Nov 22 2012 Anchor

There's a policy it seems but I don't know exactly. There may be no "fix" for this anytime soon...

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Nov 22 2012 Anchor

note that gamefront filtering may not be perfect. so even if you are not on this country list - if gamefront thinks you are you will be blocked. we don't have any control over this

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

Nov 23 2012 Anchor

Thanks for the replies. Given that my knowledge concerning this area is not so wide, I doubt that I can find a way to circumvent this issue but no big deal, I'll just download something else.

Nov 24 2012 Anchor

I'm having the exact same issue, and my country's not on the list either. It has to be recent, I only started having those problems around one or two months ago. Before that, I had been using GameFront without any problem for years. They'd better fix it soon.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Nov 25 2012 Anchor

you should contact gamefront to discuss.

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

Jan 12 2013 Anchor

Ananızı avradınızı ........... :(

Greg
Greg Network Engineer
Jan 13 2013 Anchor

We are doing alot of behind the scenes work to get more ModDB mirrors active - but its unfortunatelly very time consuming process. We hope to have this work completed by April.

Its a long way off yes, but the end result should mean more mirrors that have higher capacity and more download slots available for registered members. By default now, guest cannot use our mirrors - so if you have a modDB/Desura account you get access to our 10 private file mirrors in Europe and the US. We are also working hard to get an AU mirror back online.

--

Greg
DBolical Network Engineer

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.