Forum Thread
Critique Request on Concept art for a remake of Abadox, Part 2 (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Critique Request on Concept art for a remake of Abadox, Part 2) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 24 2021 Anchor

So, my old thread on this was closed, I guess because it didn't get any posts for awhile, so I'm continuing it in this one. I hope that's okay.

Here's a link to the original thread: Moddb.com

The short version is that I'm mostly an artist and a fan of an NES game called Abadox, which I'd like to remake as a PS2-era survival horror game. See the original post to see the first few drawings I did, or feel free to ask questions if you'd like to know more.

Anyway, I took a bit of a hiatus, but here's more concept art.

User Posted Image
An attempt at a level that's basically the inside of a mouth. I basically drew the inside of a cave based on a photo, then colored it based on photos of the inside of a mouth. I think the end result is too plain to be a level, but it was a fun experiment.

User Posted Image
The monster's nerve center. Again, I used a photo of the inside of a cave as reference, but based the details on the level of the original game. Fairly happy with how it turned out, but it took FOREVER!

User Posted Image
The “Shark Guardian”--I'm really happy with how this one turned out.

As always, I'd appreciate any feedback!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.