Ya3dag is based on the quake 2 modification Quake2maX and the lazarus game dll. Below are some of the things added:
- Terrain is the main enhancement. The terrain is created/modified in an integrated editor. Also models and entities are managed in this editor.
- Quake2 and quake3 player models can be used as player figures and for NPC's (misc_actor). Quake3 player weapons are used for the quake3 player models.
- Q3 texture-shader language support.
Texture-shaders can be used for md2 models, md3 models, bsp models and terrain splatters. Not supported are the keywords for portals, mirrors, cubemaps and fog.
Existing texture-shaders can usually be reused.
- Smart NPC's. As models, any quake 2 or quake 3 player model can be used for them. Scripting fits the behaviour. The NPC's have a memory and the player can talk with them. There is a waypoint system managed by the editor. So the NPC's know where they are and where to go.
- Integrated level editor:
- Terrain creation/modification.
- Texture the terrain.
- Color the terrain.
- Add splats to the terrain.
- Wather, lava, haze.
- Models of type .md2 .md3 and quake 2 .bsp are managed here.
- Lights. Shadows are seen immediately.
- Waypoints are managed here.
- Settings for sun, weather, clouds, ...
- Environment simulation. Day and night change. A day in game life corresponds to 24 Minutes. There is a sun and a moon walking over the sky. Rain, snow, lightning and clouds.
- Physic simulation based on 'Bullet Physics Library' software.
- New levels appear in the offer of the travel agency.
- 3.0 GHz Processor
- Win2000, XP, Vista (was not tested), Win7
- 1 GByte RAM
- 200MB HD space
- GeForce4 or ATi equivalent
- OpenGL 1.3
<!-- requirements -->