A young Sumoman returning home from the sumo tournament finds his fellow countrymen in a dramatic peril. An Evil Mage has enchanted the inhabitants of the island, including the magnificent Daughter of the Daimyo, putting them to the eternal sleep.
Our clumsy yet fearless hero starts his journey across the stony islands, dark mountain caves, mysterious haunted mansions, deserted flotilla of merchant ships and many other scenic environments to reach the Daimyo’s castle. He will have to overcome the puzzling contraptions and threatening surroundings to face the Evil Mage. Sumoman makes no haste, because nothing can be worse for a noble hero than to fall over and lie helplessly.
At the current stage of development we’ve already implemented:
- 5 environments: island, caves, mansion, village, port;
- Core game mechanics: physics, destructible objects, contraptions, time rewind;
- Singleplayer + 2 split screen modes (Race and King of the Hill);
- Sound effects;
- Gamepad support.
We plan on adding the following features:
- Additional environments (the hold of the ship, wobbling on the waves; the insides of the giant mechanical clocks; the medieval japan city etc.);
- Improved sound effects and soundtrack;
- Various power-ups (slowing down of time, wobbly man power, low gravity)
- Steam achievements and leaderboards;
- Linux and Mac support.