Perfected Doom 3 version 5.0.0
By John Carrizales aka VICTORIOUSGAMES
1. Weapon Tweaks.
2. Monster Tweaks.
3. Added Deadly Attacks.
4. General Tweaks.
5. Blood and Gore Tweaks.
6. Sound Tweaks.
7. Graphics Tweaks.
8. Map tweaks
9. Main Menu Enhancements
1. Fists - Halved its damage rate and now it does not make flesh wounds and it does not make blood spray.
2. Pistol - Increased the firing rate a bit and gave it its own smaller version of the burstysquirt blood effect. Better metallic look.
3. Shotgun - Added a new skin that makes the current shotgun look like the classic shotgun. Fixed the reload flaw where the player reloaded 2 shells at a time. Cut the spread down to 11 and set the amount of pellets to 20. Knockback has been set to 75. If you hit a target with at close range with all of the pellets then that's like hitting him with a knockback of 1500. Better metallic look and firing sound.
4. Machinegun - Increased the bullet damage to 15, now holds 30 rounds per clip, and can fire 30 rounds per second and now has a max ammo amount of 210. The weapon's bullets now having a homing capability which makes it ideal for long distance combat aswell as mid range combat. Better metallic look and firing sound.
5. Chaingun - Enlarged the clip size to 500 rounds and raised the max ammo amount to 1000. Added a better GUI to allow one to see 3 numbers better. Also upped its firing rate and set its spread to 6. Also, when you run out of ammo, and you don't let up on the trigger, the barrels will continue to spin until you release the trigger. The bullets have a small blast radius added to them for more destruction. Better metallic look, firing sound, and effects.
6. Grenades - Less bounce has been added to the projectile. Cut back a little on the damage that is done by the splash but made the weapon more powerful altogether and now has better explosion effects.Also added a glow to the grenade that lights up a small area around the bomb and it now throws out shrapnel upon explosion.
7. Plasmagun - Better Damage. Faster projectiles. Added a radar to the weapon aswell. It fires twice as fast. Plus clipsize is now 100. Also has its original prototype skin and classic blue color has been brought back. All of it's effects now have that old skool blue color and the gun has a bigger glow to it. The projectiles emit a small blast radius now.
8. Rocket Launcher - Adjusted the damage done by the splash and made the weapon a lot more powerful overall and now has better explosion effects. Better metallic look and firing sound.
9. Soul Cube - No changes except that when it hits a monster it will make a lot of blood spray out of the beast. Knives have a better metallic look.
10. BFG - A lot more powerful and now has better explosion effects. Better metallic look, explosion sound, and it now fires off extra projectiles that are guided and will inflict extra damage on the targeted enemy. The number of guided projectiles that are fired out will depend on how much the weapon is charged.
11. Flashlight - Set its damage rate to 15 since the fists damage rate is now at 10. It should have a much wider beam. Also, it does not make flesh wounds and it does not make blood spray when used as a melee weapon. Also tweaked the light to make it even more real looking.
12. Chainsaw - Has been further developed and upgrade into a metal cutting chainsaw that has a glowing, extremely hot chain that cuts through baddies much easier. It has new FX for when it connects with monsters and it emits a small amount of light from the glowing chain. Also has blood splattered along the bar and a little on its body.
13. All guns now have the same muzzle smoke effects whether they are being fired by monsters or humans. For example, the Cyberdemon's rocket launcher has the same smoke effect as your Rocket Launcher.
14. All bullet types have the same spread no matter who's using them. For example, The Cyber Demon's rockets have the same spread as your rockets.
15. All ammunition pickups have been changed to make them more realistic. For example, the single machinegun magazine pickup now gives 60 rounds because 1 magazine can hold 60 rounds. And the double machinegun magazine pickup now gives 120 rounds.
16. All bullets now have tracer effects.
17. Velocities have been set for bullet types depending on their size. So the bigger the bullet the faster it can move.
18. All weapons will push the player backwards when being fired. The push amount depends on the weapon, and for some weapons the push will add some difficulty for the player trying to use them.
19. All weapons that have metal on them now have a better metallic looking textures.
20. All damage values for the different bullet types have been balanced out to a very realistic amount.
21. Added a Double Barrel Shotgun straight from Resurrection of Evil. It has twice as much spread as the pumpshotgun and its pellets do the same damage as the pumpshotgun's. Plus it fires off twice as many pellets all in one burst and the knockback has been set to 75 too. If you hit a target with at close range with all of the pellets then that's like hitting him with a knockback of 3000.
1. All damage ratios for monster attacks have been doubled or greatly increased.
2. All ZSec Zombies' weapons and the Commando Zombie's chaingun and Sawyer's chainsaw now do the same amount of damage and knockback as your weapons. So if your chainsaw does 37.5 damage everytime it hits someone then so does Sawyer's chainsaw. The shotgun is the only weapon that differs in knockback between the player's and the monsters' guns. Your shotgun pellet makes 75 knockback and the baddies pellets each have a knockback of 3. You still get knocked around quite a bit.
3. All Zombies are very tough now. You must get a headhsot on them to bring them down. That includes the ZSec and Commando Zombies. Body shots are harmful but pointless.
4. Pinky's health is now 500.
5. Revenant's health is now 372.
6. Cacodemon's health is now 800.
7. All characters now have different damage scales for their body parts depending on their size. So if you try to take out a Hellknight with arm and leg shots, it'll take a while, but with headshots and chest shots, you can chop him down much faster. Same goes for all the monsters, NPC's, and the Player too. Arm and leg shots do little damage. Players beware, get hit in the head by a severe attack (gunshots) and it's almost positive that you will die instantly.
8. All bosses' health have been greatly increased depending on their rank.
9. Hellknight's health is now 5800 and the demon has green fire constantly flowing from his hands while he is fighting you. The branded Hellknight's body symbols now glow green.
10. Mancubus's health is now 3600.
11. The Cyberdemon's missiles now do the same amount of damage as your missiles. Which means instant kill if a direct hit is made.
12. The Revenant's missiles do about half the amount of damage that your missiles do and they are slower. But they may be able to score an instant kill if a direct hit is made, so do not underestimate.
13. The Mancubus's projectiles do about the same amount of damage as your missiles, just slightly less, and they are slower. An instant kill will be made if a direct hit occurs.
14. The Cyberdemon will now fire missiles at you continuously as long as he can see you. Just like the old version from Doom.
15. All monsters NOFOVTime has been changed to 1 or 0. The monsters will pretty much always see you if you are in their FOV range. Which means they won't let up on attacking you as much now.
16. Zombies are now able to be resurrected by the Archvile. So now the Archvile can have all of the monsters, except for the Bosses, at his side.
17. The Vagary's debris attacks now do 3 times as much damage when they collide into you.
18. The Archvile's Flame Wall attack can now go twice the distance that it originally could.
19. All monsters' dodge rates, except for the zombies', have been multiplied by 4. Expect more dodging from those demon scum.
20. The Wraith is now much harder to combat against. Expect a more difficult target to hit.
21. The chaingun-wielding Commando's accuracy has been tweaked quite a bit. He's still tough.
22. All of the Z-Sec Zombies' accuracies have been tweaked quite a bit. That way they can't get off a headshot as easily, but they are still pretty tough.
23. Imps now throw barrels at you if there are any around.
24. Hellknights now throw nearby Imps and Zombies at you if he feels like it. And sometimes he'll just slam them into a wall.
25. All enemy AI has been greatly tweaked to make them even more fearsome. Don't expect any of the monsters to just walk into your gunfire, especially the ZSecs.
26. Lostsoul's health is now 30.
27. All monsters with metal on their bodies, except for bosses, have a much more realistic metallic look to their metal body parts.
28. Added in the Pain Elemental, original Lost Soul, and Baron of Hell which all have their own FX, sounds, and attributes.
These are all of the attacks done by monsters that will severely wound you or kill you instantly.
Be very cautious of these attacks, they are very deadly. If an attack is marked instant kill thatmeans that it will kill you instantly if your are hit in the chest or head. You may live if hit in an arm or leg but more then likely you won't. If an attack is marked severe damage that means that you may be able to live through a head or chest hit and you'll more then likely live if hit in the arms or legs.
1. Boss_Cyberdemon - Rocket Attack - INSTANT KILL
Kicking Attack - INSTANT KILL
2. Boss_Guardian - Charging Attack - INSTANT KILL
Headbutting Attack - Severe Damage
3. Archvile - Incinerating Attack - INSTANT KILL
4. Cherub - Leaping Attack - Severe Damage
5. Hellknight & Baron of Hell - Biting Attack - INSTANT KILL
Fireball Attack - Severe Damage
6. Imp - Leaping Attack - Severe Damage
7. Maggot - Leaping Attack - Severe Damage
8. Mancubus - Fireball Attack - INSTANT KILL
Stomping Attack - INSTANT KILL
9. Pinky - Biting Attack - INSTANT KILL
10 Revenant - Rocket Attack - INSTANT KILL
11. Tick - Leaping Attack - Severe Damage
After Death Burst Explosion - Severe Damage
12. Trite - Leaping Attack - Severe Damage
After Death Burst Explosion - Severe Damage
13. Wraith - Stabbing Attack - INSTANT KILL
14. Cacodemon & Pain Elemental - Biting Attack - INSTANT KILL
15. Lostsoul & Original Lost Soul - Charging Attack - Severe Damage
16. Commando - Tentacle Attack - Severe Damage
17. Sawyer - Chainsaw Attack - Severe Damage
General Game Changes:
1. All decals, except explosion and plasma rifle burn marks, stay forever.
2. Many lighting effects for weapons, projectiles, and monsters have been added to the game. If a monster is using a weapon that you have, that weapon will have the same effects as yours.
3. Bullet casings will stay on the ground for about 5 minutes. The debris from explosions will stay forever.
4. New particle effects for bullet hits on walls added. Each bullet type has a different sized effect.
5. An Armor suit will give you full Armor now.
6. Added spark and thick smoke particle effects to all explosions.
7. Made the player walk a bit slower.
Blood and Gore:
1. Gibbing is gone.
2. Blood stays forever.
3. Blood now squirts out of the bullet wound that you put on a monster for a short while. Very cool effect.
4. All monster attacks that should make blood spray now make blood spray. The amount is dependent on the damage ratio of the attack.
5. Added small, medium, large, deadly, and Soul Cube specific burstysquirts. The original burstysquirt acts as the medium sized version of the particle effect with some added effects.
6. Blood is now darker.
7. Added a much better blood spray effect to the chainsaw.
8. Added burning effect to rockets and grenades hitting someone directly. Sprays blood and leaves smoke and fire on the victim for a short period.
9. Made new burning effects for plasma and BFG htting someone directly.
10. Added new bulletwound decals for the pistol, machinegun, chaingun, chainsaw, and plasmagun.
11. Added a bloody screen splatter effect that happens when you are hit by a melee attack.
1. The opening menu music is a song that was actually the foundation for the Doom 1 level song for the first level of the third chapter called the INFERNO. That song was from Pantera's album Vulgar Display of Power, and it was called Mouth for War. True Doom-ites will recognize it right off the bat.
2. Added better zombie sounds.
3. Added better pistol firing sounds.
4. Added better double barrel shotgun firing sounds.
5. Added more bullethit_flesh sounds.
6. All monster weapons sounds and player weapon sounds now make the same sounds when firing.
7. All volume levels for explosion and weapon firing sounds have been doubled.
8. Added a better machinegun firing sound.
9. Added a better pumpshotgun firing sound.
10. Added a better rocket launcher firing sound.
11. Added a better explosion sounds for barrels, rockets, bfg, and grenades.
12. Gave the Hellknight's fireballs their own exploding sounds.
13. Added new teleporter sounds.
14. Added a better chaingun firing sound.
15. Added a cooler low ammo alert sound for the BFG and Plasmagun.
1. Added new shaders to make the game's lighting, normal mapping, haze effects, and shadows more realistic.
2. Raised the heightmap values for all textures and skins a whole lot. This gives extreme depth to all of the textures in the game. Rocks look like rocks, fabric for clothing looks like fabric, metal looks like metal, etc. The game looks 100 times better. And best of all, it doesn't add any kind of framerate lag.
3. All objects, monster parts, or character parts that should have shadows now make shadows.
4. All objects, monsters, weapons, and characters now have selfshadowing enabled making the game look even better.
5. Added Bloom, Motionblur, Depth of Field, and Filmgrain effects.
1. I've changed up several of the maps to include the new double barrel shotgun weapon pickup. That way you don't have to use a cheat to get it.
2. I've added several bot soldiers into some of the maps to help you out.
3. Added the Spectre to several maps.
4. Added some Barons to the Hell Hole map.
5. Added Barons, Deadsouls, and Painelementals to the Hell map.
Main Menu Changes:
Thanks to 6th Venom I have incorporated an awesome new main menu system that brings the main menu in Doom 3 up to date. You no longer have to restart the game to make video changes and you now have a level select. Plus the visuals are top notch and I spruced it up a bit more by sharpening the Mars planet texture and increasing the bump mapping for the player models in the model select section of the multiplayer options. I also edited the weapon keys section of the options menu to include the double barrel shotgun. So you can set it to a certain key like the other weapons.