This article presents new features of Paradigm Worlds: We, the Creatures! mod for MB:Warband. FEATURES CATEGORY: FACTIONS' INTERNAL POLITICS
FACTIONS' INTERNAL POLITICS
- Paradigm Worlds: We, the Creatures! - introduces new concepts:
- NATION - means the same as Faction. It consists of:
- NATIONAL ARMIES - these are armies led by lords, or noble creatures
- CORE POPULATION - each center [town, castle, village] - has 2 types of citizens, those who live in the center, and those who just play support role. CORE POPULATION are citizens inhabiting center. They are expected to pay 5 dinars per head weekly of common tax.
- LOYAL CITIZENS - are creatures, who do not live inside center, but do trade, supply, or work with it. Loyal citizens may be tribals living in wild, who come to a center from time to time. What is important, these creatures, consider themselves part of NATION and approve its laws, policy etc. They pay 1 dinar weekly per head of common tax.
- More generous TAX system - Depending on center wealth, trade tariffs and population common tax
- Walled centers [towns, castles] HAPPINESS system. Each center, every week evaluates its relation to liege, lord, in general - to the owner. There are several factors that improve or decrease relation like:
- wealth - towns or castles in good financial condition, with rich creatures are happy, and vice versa - bad material condition makes creatures upset
- garrison - creatures pay taxes to feel safe, they want to see strong center defense in a good shape
- buildings - creatures need culture and laws to peacefully develop their small homelands
- health level - disease, sickness upset creatures
- Center Happiness may range from -100 to 100. If center Happiness drops below -80, creatures may REVOLT. Using new system creature military power evaluation system game checks if GARRISON is strong enough to hold center in peace. (If you are a town owner, you can always check it in [Manage this town/castle] menu).
- Revolt - center citizens renounce the oath to current lord/faction and ask for protection foreign power
- PLAGUE MECHANIC - from beginning of Paradigm Worlds, they were mentioned many times, but never before had any effect - viral storms. They may attack any center or party.
- Plague may have levels 1-15 where 1 is minor sickness and 15 is most serious situation where citizens are dying
- Each week there is a chance center will be attacked, and each week there is a chance rest of center population will become immune
- If Plague reaches critical value (level 15 or more) dark event takes place. Disease decimates local garrison, making center defenseless. This event has many other severe consequences: some most valuable core population will pass away, same loyal citizens. Crisis is so severe that town or castle economy bankrupts and center 'account' in rents and tariffs is being set to -50000 dinars. That means that any center will need some time to recover, before it will start bring some profits again.
- armies may be attacked as well and all rules apply to them in a same way, weekly
- player army may be attacked too, that is also why in CAMP menu there is a new option FIELD HOSPITAL
- Field Hospital may be used in many ways, also as a way to cure sickness in your own army by creating aspirin to slow down or antibiotics to remove disease for good
- New buildings:
- HOSPITAL - may be built in towns. It decreases chance of plague in center and enhances skills of SPECIAL TROOPS: Medicine doctors.
- COLLEGE - symbol of true power of any towns, and nation. Faction that is able to teach its creatures in new science, technology, that is able to fund archaeology expeditions - can improve itself, and life of it's citizens. Makes creatures happy too.
SPECIAL TROOPS - these are most educated of your citizens. In towns, where culture and science growth has place, they might be recruited straight from Guild Masters. You can learn about all details by talking to them about [politics].
- SPECIALISTS are civilians, however they appear in center as a civilian troop in the garrison, which means they may be 'transported' by player for instance from town to a castle.
- Medicine doctors - they are a lot more effective when there is hospital in the town. Each troop affects general health of town by improving citizens immunity [and lowering risk of attack, or improving chance for gaining immunity]
- Specialist Merchant - improve center prosperity
- Professor - teaches other creatures and [promotes] them higher in society
- Immigration officer - is a creature whose responsibility is to deal with newcomers. It is tourist info and work agency in one, generally helps fresh citizens to find their place in modern town-life
- Drillmaster sergeant - improves quality of garrison, each creature improves chance to double weekly fresh recruit amount in center
- Artist - they entertain other creatures, but also help them improve their spiritual life
This article is a part of main presentation of Paradigm Worlds: We, the creatures!