FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
000. Will there be adaptations to other mods?
No. We won't be doing any adaptations to other mods or other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.
00. Will there be the public ALPHA or BETA versions for this mod?
01. When is the release date?
02. When is the approximate release date?
03. What is the approximate percentage of completion?
Try to calculate it yourself. Use the official YouTube channel to see how much finished content there are.
04. Are you planning to reanimate all weapons?
Yes. We are planning to reanimate all weapons and everything you can see from your POV in game (med kits, drinks, etc.).
05. Will the mod be compatible with the other weapon-related mods?
No. It is impossible because of several reasons:
a) GUNSLINGER MOD uses its own unique hands skeleton (rig) which is not compatible with original COP rig or others'.
b) GUNSLINGER MOD features unique engine updates and scripts made by GUNSLINGER TEAM without
using recently released source code.
c) There are other trivial reasons, which don't need own descriptions.
06. Are you going to animate the bandages?
Bandages are in game already. Check this video update.
07. Will the mod use custom reticles for scopes?
08. Are you planning to add laser sights?
Laser sights are in game already. Check this video update.
09. Are you planning to add barrel extensions?
Some weapons will feature this. You will be able to use extensions after upgrading your compatible weapon accordingly.
10. Are you planning to make bipods functional on some weapons?
No. There will be some weapons featuring them, but they will be just the visual detail of the weapon and that is all.
11. Are you planning to add drum magazines?
12. Are you planning to animate the events like attaching specific upgrade (grenade launcher, scope, laser sight, and suppressor)?
No. Technically it's possible with our specific engine update, but it's won't be implemented in the mod.
13. Will the mod feature the magazine-fed weapon system?
14. Will the mod feature the original weapon upgrade system?
Yes, but it will be heavily modified.
15. Will the mod feature the new NPC models?
16. Are you planning to add AK-12?
No. Not in the first build of mod though. But that doesn't mean there will be more than one build of mod.
17. What about exoskeleton armor?
Check the video preview featuring exoskeleton armors.
18. How many exoskeleton armors will be featured in GUNSLINGER MOD?
Two. Standard one and "Freedom".
19. Are you planning to animate the events like wearing gas mask?
20. Which type of shell casings being used in GUNSLINGER MOD? Particles or 3D?
Those are 3D models.
21. Are you planning to animate med kits?
Animated med kits are in game already. Check this video update.
22. Will your mod feature visible legs from first-person POV?
No. We are not planning to implement that now.
23. Are you going to reanimate NPC as well?
No. Third-person animating is another story.
24. Is it possible to implement dual magazines?
It is possible. There are no plans for that in first build of mod though.
25. Are you planning to animate the events like taking items, artifacts?
26. Is it possible to implement new camera movements for shooting?
Yes. GUNSLINGER MOD will feature new camera movements for shooting and other events (such as drinking).
27. Is it possible to implement empty magazines featuring no rounds left after drying whole mag?
Yes. You can check our weapon-related videos in our YouTube channel. Every weapon (where it's possible) will feature this.
28. I noticed the watch on some suits. Is it functional?
No. They are decorative. Also all watches have been removed from all suits for final build of mod.
29. Will AKS74U feature the grenade launcher?
No. Because of engine limits.
30. Are you planning to add CSS (Counter-Strike Source) hands?
31. Are you planning to animate the events like eating, drinking?
It's planned to do so.
32. Are you planning to animate the events like... opening doors or interacting with other objects from first-person POV?
It's unknown is it even possible to do something like that. We don't want to know if it is right now.
33. Will the mod feature third-person reload animations with magazines being attached and all that?
It's implemented already, but some weapons won't feature proper magazine attaching.
34. Will the mod feature such event as smoking cigarettes, cigarettes as items?
No. Main character is for a healthy lifestyle! Vodka only.
35. Are you planning to animate the event like climbing up ladders?
No. It would be cool though.
36. Will the mod feature garbage cleaner?
37. Is it possible to implement underbarrel grips?
Some weapons will feature that as upgrade.
38. Will the mod feature Picatinny rails on Soviet Union weapons?
No. TOZ-34 is exception.
39. Is there going to be any adaptations for other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games like Clear Sky?
We are not planning to do any adaptations.
40. Will the mod feature new particles?
Yes. Third-party particles are going to be used too, like particles from Amik'.
41. Is it possible to implement such mechanic as "Reload on request only" like in ARMA games?
Yes. It's implemented in our mod already.
42. Is it possible to implement proper working belt for machine guns in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. engine?
No. X-Ray engine is very limited speaking of that feature. Yes, we implemented dynamic feature (F.A.Q. #27), but there's one thing (for animation): X-Ray can handle up to 64 bones and machine gun (ammo belt especially) features >64 bones. Also, there will be difficulties with animating every tactical (non-dry) reload, so... Too many problems.
43. Will the mod feature camouflage overlays for weapons?
44. Are you using source code which was released recently?
45. Are you going to animate such events as wearing suits on/off?
46. Are you going to add X weapon?
No. We already know which weapons to add. Check the weapon list at the summary page.