- Attribute system: The vanilla upgrade system for weapons has been completely replaced by a new attribute system. Every module/attachment has it's own attributes and will affect the weapon handling in a meaningful way. The UI has also been updated to reflect that.
- UI rendered icons / icons for attachment context menu: A huge step towards immersion and QoL are the new rendered icons for weapons. These icons are generated on the fly after any changes are done to the weapon.
- Visual magazines: An important improvement to the magazine system are "individual magazines". This allows the player to visually identify currently equipped magazine types on players slot or weapons that are lying on the ground.
- Weapon cover compression: Coming close enought to any obstraction, the player will now contract the weapon accordingly.
- Weapon lenght: To support the cover compression, individual weapon lenghts have been implemented and added to the attribute system. This will impact the player's weapon choices and give CQB more meaning.
- Actor body: To add more immersion, we implemented the actor body that will reflect the currently equipped body armor.
- Head mounted camera: This feature works independently from actor body and adds inertia to players's movement. It can be toggled in options and the amount of head bob can be tweaked as well.
- Unique weapon visuals: Small scratches and bumps will cover the weapons sufaces resulting in a unique look. No weapon will look the same.
- Weapon condition: To further enhace visuals on weapons, surfaces will now accumulate wear and rust to indicate weapon part conditions.
The upcoming update version 0.2.5 turned out to be the biggest so far. We managed to rework alomost the whole weapon arsenal, we added a vast amount of weapon modules and attachments and implemented additional features to the core game of Desolation. I want to go over some of the upcoming content and features.
Posted by wuut on