When I discovered Hearts of Iron IV, I was immediately won over. And as a Belgian, I obviously wanted to play with my country. But the disappointment of seeing the few possibilities quickly disappointed me. I quickly discovered the "The Belgian Lion Roars Again" mod. From this point I decided to create my own, and I got down to code. It was not easy. I started small with a simple focus tree and as time went by and the experience grew, I ended up developing a mod that does not only affect Belgium but which is now part of a richer content and whose goal ultimate is to become comparable to Road to 56 or something like that. There is still a long way to go for this, but with time and motivation nothing is impossible.
About me, I'm totally self-taught in computers, I started on a Commodore 64 at the end of the 80's. And yes in the last century. I continued to learn over time and so yes I'm a 40 year old geek. During all these years, I have played and especially learned a lot about hardwares and softwares.Today, I develop a lot of small IT solutions in office automation and especially in data management even if that is not my job.
In short, with this mod, it is the fun and community side that I touch. It is also a challenge to transform the story into a line of code or into images and thus be able to relive the story with a capital H. I hope you will find as much pleasure to play my mod as I have to develop it every day, including in my head.
A complete focus tree with many alternate paths.
Many historical advisers
Many historical generals and marshals
Historical and alternative party leaders
A system of parliament
A complete reskin for the armed forces.
New victory points
Greece:this content is not accessible with the "battle for bosphorus" dlc
- a focus tree
- historical leaders
- many advisers
- generals and marshals
Belgian Congo and Luxembourg:
- focus trees
- political leaders
- political advisers
Other content (non-exhaustive list):
- an end date: 1960
- extensive technology trees
- new options for the political management of countries
- a system of dependencies for communist or neutral countries
- new sub ideologies
- a new type of designer
- the possibility of a neutral political advisor and decisions to change the government
- a system of armistice and conditional peace by decision and events
- modified catch ratios
- political coats of arms for many countries including sub ideologies
- many political leaders for many countries
- new decisions
- a map and modified states
- new countries
- many flags
- exclusive graphic content
- historical political parties
and many many other things .....
Political coats of arms:
- Unfortunately, they do not apply to countries with a TAG from a civil war or from a collaborating country (if the original country does not exist).
- In rare cases, some countries have no political emblems. This is a script error. This type of error is corrected as soon as it is discovered.
- In rare cases, the coat of arms applied is not the correct one, it is often due to an ideology falsely attributed by the game to a random leader.
- It sometimes happens that during a peace negotiation, the possibility of absorbing a country completely does not work, it is because the requesting country capitulates before the response of the requested country.
Mid game lag:
- The problem already exists in the base game, I introduced a code which prevents this but the slowdowns are always present especially if there are many countries at war. However, they are less strong.
If you notice a bug not listed here, please notify it in the comments.
Due to a certain number of files modified or added, the compatibility of the mod is not guaranteed. it is better to play it alone. However, you can test and with a little luck it should work.
What influences the compatibility of a mod with this one:
- map edition: not compatible
- ideologies: unlikely
- scenarios: compatibility
- technology trees and technologies: restricted
- reskin of units: low to total depending on the code used
- focus tree: compatible, as long as the new trees do not interfere with those in the mod,
- politicians and political leaders: compatible but may interfere with the mod
- flags: compatible
- custom rules: compatible
- decision and scripted interface: probable compatibility.
- defines: compatible but little modify those of the mod
- modification of an existing country: compatible but may interfere
- addition of a country: compatible provided that the new tags are not the same.
If you want to know the compatibility of the mod with another, it is possible to use the compatibility tool: Github.com or you can ask me and I would do the test myself.
A request for compatibility is possibly admissible depending on the type of mod concerned. For example, it is unlikely to make it compatible with Road to 56 (too much work) but with a small mod it is possible.
Important note, this mod contains the code of several of my mods present on moddb: More Political effect Neutral Policy Advisor European Union Extended autonomy system Reskin for Belgium Soviets States (Not really historical)
It is therefore not necessary to activate them at the same time, moreover apart from "More political" all the others are outdated and will not be updated.
The best is to consult the dev diary for new things to come or in progress.
Last dev diary: Moddb.com