The engine SDK v1.7.5 can be downloaded here.
The latest update brings higher performance by reducing memory usage and higher rendering speed. The newly included entity-component-pattern will be further used in the future.
Smaller memory consumption and multithreaded chunk loading delivers a more stable game world streaming experience.
Wurfel Engine now uses its repository on Github not only for hosting but for active open source development. You can contribute to it here.
- changed depth sorting algorithm for improved sorting results
- improved map loading speed by using multithreading
- the sound engine now uses stereo sound
- improved rendering speed
- ambient occlusion via hardware interpolation
- reduced overdraw by not rendering invisible parts of the block’s sides
- added entity component design pattern
- improved console
- can now show more then one last command
- can show the last command even after a restart
- devtools show frame time instead of FPS
- the entities selection rectangle is now rendered at the correct position for non-FullHD resolutions
- improved world collision especially with the bottom of the blocks
- now it’s not possible to jump into a block
- replaced block value slider in editor with a text field
- improved undo/redo in editor
- z-level filtering in editor more continuous
- more stable FPS by saving the clipping analysis in the chunks and copy that to the rendering
- Launch commands added
- you can pass launch commands which are performed once the engine is running
- light sources added to light engine via vertex shading
- various bugfixes
- package names in lowercase
- some minor API changes