Bit.ly - The upcoming Character Creator 3 (CC3) will be a stand-alone character generation tool for indie game development, AR/VR games, pre-viz and animation production.
Currently, Character Creator 3 is still in development but you can follow its 3-stage release schedule that covers a comprehensive list of interesting new features that you can expect to benefit from.
This WIP ONE demonstrates the benefits of working with this interoperable and user friendly content creation pipeline. The new quad-based CC3 character will bridge user's ZBrush production pipeline and make subdivision rendering possible. With auto-skin and skin weight tools, asset developers can easily turn OBJs into clothes without the assistance of 3rd party software. The inclusion of pose and expression tools along with atmospheric environment libraries and the photorealism of Iray, makes CC3 the all-in-one dream tool.
Quad Face Character Base for Optimal Results
- New topology is 100% quad mesh, ready for subdivisioning and mesh editing.
- Quad wireframe view for expedited surface inspection.
- Enhanced mesh and high-res texture details for the hands and feet.
- Optimized skin-weighting for naturalistic bending of the joints.
- Sculpt and paint, round trip ZBrush editing via GoZ.
- Swift way to enhance character appearances, add facial and body morphs.
- Character auto-skinning that works regardless of differences in proportions.
Auto-Skin Weighting for Clothes
- Import OBJ mesh as Cloth Assets.
- Using custom pose to align character with imported mesh.
- Skin Weight Transfer from cloth templates or custom imported skin mesh.
- The ability to transform individual mesh elements.
- Refine surfaces with push and pull brush tools.
Skin Weight Editing
- Refine the auto-skinned cloth with a spectrum of weight editing tools.
- Support for vertex weight assignment and weight painting.
- Smooth Brush for intuitive weight painting.
- Brush projection modes (normal vs. screen-based), as well as mirror edit options.
- Maintain interplay of hard and soft surfaces with cloth conformation.
- Hard mesh items scales along with the change of source conforming elements.
- Ability to define sub-mesh elements (or selected vertices) as hard mesh items, such as buckles, ammo pouches, or armor plates.
Photorealistic Rendering with Iray Plug-in
- Nvidia AI Accelerated GPU rendering for high interactivity and fast image output.
- Automatic PBR to Iray shader conversion to ensure material likeness.
- Transport lights from CC/iC to Iray including IBL, directional, point, spotlight, and emissive mesh materials.
- Create realistic skin rendering using subsurface scattering (SSS) with specified translucent radius.
There will be a CLOSED BETA for selected indie game studios that are currently developing their game characters. If your studio is a this stage, then stay tuned as we will have more information on how to get a free copy of this new application.
To learn more about Character Creator 3, please visit - Reallusion.com