Qfusion is a 3D rendering engine based on sources from Quake II code. It is available for download and modification for free under the GNU General Public License (GPL). The project was started and is primarily developed by Victor Luchitz. It was programmed in C for use on all Windows and Unix-based computers. Qfusion has helped to set the bar for many other Quake II engine projects. A popular feature of the engine is that it is said to be able to correctly render the entire range of content for Quake III. More recent versions of Qfusion engine also extend the Q3 rendering scheme to include per pixel shading support, soft shadows, other newer generation features.
Warsow 2.0 is released after a year and half of continuous development and multiple community betas. Listing individual changes and improvements of over 150 featured in the release would take too much space and time, so here are some most prominent ones:
- Tutorial level was added to introduce new players to the basics of Warsow gameplay, movement and combat.
- Majority of Warsow assets are now under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license. Setting the assets free ensures Warsow doesn't get stuck in proprietary limbo and will remain an important piece of indie gaming in the future too. Players and developers alike are encouraged to innovate with free assets, and contribute more media back to the game! Or just simply use them in their own games if they comfort the license.
- Many graphical effects such as gibs, hit and stun indicators, Lasergun and Electrobolt beams, were revamped. In addition, the renderer has received numerous optimizations, resulting in 30 to 50% performance improvements depending on the hardware and settings.
- The spaw algorithm was revamped to favor more distant points in Duel mode. The further from the fragger is the spawn point, the more likely it gets to be picked for the fragged player is to respawn.
- Weapon parameters were tweaked to improve game balance and hopefully make it more fun to play.
- The flipped mode was introduced for those who might want to challenge themselves by tricking their brains on otherwise familiar maps!
- Game maps can now have a color grading profile set to create better mood or improve the aesthetics. The setting can be controlled by map author and can be turned off in the options menu. Here is how the effect is used in one of our maps, which also received an uplifted 3D sky in this version!
- Two new HUDs by Adem for playing and spectating. The weapon and item icons were redrawn in a modern flat design to provide better visibility for the simple items setting.
- Pressing and holding Left Shift in Team Deathmatch, Bomb & Defuse, Capture the Flag and CTF: Tactics game modes now brings up contextual voicecomm menu to aid in cooperative gameplay.
- And much more!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Set in a futuristic cartoon-like world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets, Warsow is a completely free...
Nosferatu is a teambased multiplayer first person shooter. It involves roundbased (each player has 1 life round just like in the famous game counterstrike...
No games were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the game list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add game and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.