This mod adds a little more depth to the game by fleshing out the Teutonic campaign. The Mongols are playable now, their name has been changed for historical reasons, among a few other changes.
I've made this mod primarily for bringing some depth and focuse to the Mongols in the Teutonic campaign.
In the vanilla for gameplay reasons the faction serves merely as a placeholder.
- Mongols are made playable in Teutonic Campaign.
- Mongol name had been changed to it's historical name: "Golden Horde"
- The names of castles,agents,faction leaders etc. had been changed from
"Mongol" to "Tatar".
- 2 historical events that has certain effects for Golden Horde in campaign.
- Historical events with custom event tga pics: Golden Horde converts to Islam (year 1314,turn number 64)
Golden Horde's starting religion Pagan (they start Pagan) turn into Islam and all the pagan buildings are automatically destroyed.
Faction's religion becomes Islam,masjids,jamas,imams become available to build and recruit.
- Historical event: Defeat at Kulikovo (year 1380,turn number 130)
Golden Horde looses economic and militaristic power due to the major defeat.Horde's King Purse is reduced and will lose a random amount of its units depending on
which types of units the player or AI possess just before the event occurs.
- Golden Horde starts Pagan as it's historically accurate and is able to build new building "Altar of Sudbeth" to convert the population to Paganism.
- Altar of Sudbeth building have description,and appropriate tgas,gives bonuses to law,and huge religion conversion bonuse as well.
- Historical Golden Horde starting characters,two of them,Batu and Berke with custom portraits and realistic traits.
- Starting texture and .CAS of the cities of Golden Horde had been changed to Eastern European style to portrait the newly invaded lands staying as their own culture,
when the population grows and the cities are to be upgraded they become middle-eastern styled.
- Golden Horde was quite wealthy and exacted tribute upon many nations,so Horde's King purse had been increased to 2500 florins per turn,staring florin amount had been
increased to 17000 florins.
- Campaign description and winning conditions have been added for the Golden Horde.
- Special unit had been changed from Mongol Horse archers to Khan's Guard and unique special unit picture on the faction selection screen have been added.
- Starting units of the Horde's experience level had been increased,and the number of the starting militia-typed units had been slightly increased.
- Starting two diplomats of the Horde's diplomatic influence had been increased from 1,to 5 and 8 since Horde was masterful at diplomatic negotiations.
- Population growth of Kiev and Chernigov had been increased +1.5 % percent since now the faction is made playable.
- Missing units:
Dismounted Light Lancers
Dismounted Heavy Lancers
have been added to the campaign and are available for recruiting from castle-related buildings.
The names of the Dismounted Light Lancers and Mongol Light Lancers had been changed to Dismounted Tatar Lancers and Tatar Light Lancers
-Mongol Heavy archers unit's mental stat "good morale" in mtw2 had been given back to the unit.