Increased voxel level size. Simulation of plant growth. Fire spreading.
Release Notes Ya3dag V2.16
- Voxel world
* Changed height of world from 128 to 256 blocks.
Hills and mountains can now get higher. The underground keeps its depth.
* Change max world width from 512 to 736. This doubles the maximum available map area.
* Optimized light calculations.
Light calculations after creating levels or loading levels are now up to 10 times faster.
- Game play
* Game tick processing has been extended.
- Support for growing of plants
Crops, kelp, sugar can, papyrus and cacti use this function.
- Saplings grow into a huge tree.
- Mushrooms spread to nearby blocks.
- Grass or mycelium spread to nearby dirt blocks.
- Leaves decay (disappear) if there is no log in the near.
- Fire spreads over flammable blocks.
* Bone meal
- Bone meal can be used as a fertilizer for most plants.
Crops and other plants grow faster.
- It grows saplings into huge trees and mushrooms into huge mushrooms.
- Flowers and grass grow when bone meal is used with a grass block.
- Some one block height plants grow to its two block height variant.
- Double high plants drops themselves as an item.
* Flint and Steel
This new item is used to light fires on flammable blocks.
It can also be used to light a campfire.
- New voxel blocks
Seeds, root vegetables, and most saplings can be planted and grown on this block.
Farmland is the result of using a hoe on dirt, a block of grass, or a grass path.
Farmland becomes hydrated by a nearby water.
Carrots, Potatoes, Wheat, Beetroot, Melons and Pumpkins are plantable on farmland.
After a while, they are ripe and ready to be harvested.
* Soul Campfire
If placed, the fire is lit. The fire can be extinguished by using a shovel with the fire.
It can be lit again by using flint and steel with the campfire. Up to four raw items can
be cooked in an campfire. Do this by holding such a raw item in the hand and use the
campfire with it.
* Magma Block
This block was added to allow a fire on its top to burn indefinitely.
* Trapstone blocks
If a player steps on this stone, it will break. The player falls into this hole. Can be used
for lava traps.
New voxel blocks
- The worldspawn 'music' setting now supports 'albums'.
This are subdirectories of the music directory. If one of these files is selected as music, the other
pieces of music in that directory will be played at random when it is finished.