New release of Venedia, Merchant Princes. Rebalanced troops, fixed some bugs, added a new national item and hero.
* Heroes can actually show up
* PD improved, using Marignon as a base.
* New troop: Venedian Standard (standard 1, cost 20)
* City Guard: glaive->spear & shield, mapmove 2->1, morale 9->8
* Fixed ID conflicts by using unit IDs from 5900 on
* Columbine no longer #copystatted off Astrologer, MR 12->10 (also applies to Casanova, consequence of copystat off Troubador)
* Diplomat +10 cost (extra cost for being spies still leaves them too good)
* Stratiot: Crossbow->Arbalest, making 'fire then charge' strategies better as Hold & Attack will still fire only one shot but at +4 damage for only +1 rescost
* Lighthouse is immune to storms (mostly flavor)
* New item: Mask of Seduction. Construction 4, A1S1 4, can only be used by Casanovas and Columbines, upgrades seduction power 9->10, grants awe 1.
* New hero: Leonardo, Genius. F2A2W1E2S2N1 master smith/ritualist 1, siege bonus 30, alchemist 50%, +9 research, latehero 10+, high upkeep despite being a hero.
Uses restricteditem tag 1666.
Between the standard and the better setup for blocking, I didn't want to make City Guard to good as cheap (resource-wise) blockers for your crossbows.
Mask of seduction : seduction power 10 is still pretty weak considering these commanders can't win against most targets even with awe unless they have extra items. Perhaps could up to 11, or give the commanders themselves slightly better stats (say they are well-trained in fighting for when things get nasty).
I briefly considered using foreign-home shapes to give them base morale 9 in their home province and 8 outside, but decided it was a waste of unit IDs.
Leonardo having upkeep despite being a hero is meant to both balance his wide range of skills and connect to the increased cost of regular savants.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.