The Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 mod that allows the Mod Squad's "Urban Chaos" campaign, a fan made mod for Jagged Alliance 2 from December of 2003, to be run under v1.13 with most of its features and capabilities. Version 4.47 takes advantage of advance features found under the .exe revision 6232 / game directory 1704.
1) Legally purchased copy of Jagged Alliance 2, preferably installed somewhere mod friendly. eg. NOT any folder including the phrase: Program Files (x86) or Program Files
2) Development version of Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13
• At time of release, the necessary exe for all introduced features in this mod are available courtesy of DepressiveBrot at: Depri's Builds and Packages - Get your combat supplies here!.
• Not save game compatible with prior revisions, attempt to load saved game from earlier revision crashed on attempting to update game.
Headrock's Item Transformations
• Items that may be transformed into another item (index) have a sprocket shaped icon in the upper right corner of the item description (Big) image - clicking on this icon will bring up a menu listing all possible item transformations.
• Folding Stock System (v4)
- - If a weapon can have its stock folded or retracted out of the way, it will now be done via the item transformation menu
- - As before, for a small AP cost, you can optimize your weapon for hitting things or for getting more shots per turn.
• AR Upper Receiver System (v2)
- - True AR-15 pattern weapons portrayed in this mod may be separated into upper and lower receivers via the item transformation menu
- - Due to a quirk in how items are generated by this feature, dummy calibers are used to prevent upper receivers from producing "free" magazines, while still allowing them to be listed as guns in Bobby Rays for organizational purposes
• Alternate Ammunition System
- - Guns that can physically load and fire multiple calibers (generally lower power cartridges as the one normally portrayed) can be changed into a version firing in-game these "alternate ammunition" via the item transformation menu
- - .223 Remington ammunition crates may be
converted into 5.56x45mm ammunition crates to produce magazines usable in 5.56x45mm weapons in-game. Generally these "5.56mm/.223" magazines have inferior performance than pure 5.56x45mm counterparts. Only "5.56mm/.223" ammunition crates may be converted into .223 Remington ammunition crates via the item transformation menu.
• Variable Power Scopes
- - some scopes may have their NCTH magnification power adjusted via the item transformation menu
- - on scopes with more than two settings, AP costs reflect adjusting past any magnification levels in between the start and chosen magnification
Real Exploding Ammunition
• several ammotypes produce an in-game explosive effect on impact
• some examples are: FRAG-12 (grenade), incendiary, and tear gas shotgun shells,
• this feature is also used to allow the HK XM25 and QLZ-87B grenade launchers to be portrayed in-game as direct fire (gun-type) weapons
Madd Mugsy's (New) Common Attachment Framework
• This mod has a different (and incompatible with stock v1.13) implementation of this feature
Flugente's (started by JMich) Under Barrel Weapons
• the in-game fire mode selector (formerly: single/burst/auto/grenade) now can also select an attached gun-type weapon and cycle through its fire modes - Hint: the "B" key
• In addition to attachable shotguns and other guns, this feature is used to implement multiple caliber guns, such as the Saco Crossfire Mk1 and selectable magazine weapons such as the Truvelo Neostead
Flugente's Overheating Weapons
• mod uses its own system of overheating weapons values
• "Quick Change" LMG barrels now use this feature instead of simple averaging of stats via a merger
Flugente's Externally fed machineguns
• ammunition belts are now belt segments of either 40 or 50 rounds (mostly 50 except for 7.62x51mm to allow for 50 round drum magazines)
• LMG that can only be fed by belt in-game will use these belt segments as their base capacity
• LMG with optional magazine feed will have the magazine feed as its base capacity
DepressiveBrot's Attachment Based Modular NIV Pockets
• this mod's Modular Load Bearing Equipment (M-LBE) system (v2) uses this feature
Flugente's Rifle Launched Grenade
• when a grenade is attached, only grenade launch fire mode is available
• firing depletes one bullet from main magazine, grenade may not be fired if magazine is depleted
• available in: Anti-Tank, Anti-Personnel (fragmentation), Smoke, Tear Gas, Mustard Gas, Illumination, and White Phosphorus (flame)
Flugente's Dynamic (flash-)lighting
• v1.13 has working flashlights now, and AFS/UC-1.13/DL-1.13 has expanded on the selection
*** Please see Version History for advance v1.13 features that have been implemented more or less as they are in stock ***