Uplink OS BETA v102 for the STEAM version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness. Long time no see, eh? Hope you all had an amazing time during the holidays, I sure did! :D
Uplink OS v102 BETA for STEAM
Long time no see, eh? Hope you all had an amazing time during the holidays, I sure did! :D
Not much done in this version, the year started with a lot of things to do at work, so I didn't have enough time on the project. Hopefully you won't have to wait as much for the next one! ^_^
Thanks a lot for the support and everything!
NOTE: Do take in mind, that some changes need a NEW USER created!
NOTE2: If you're updating from pre-093, you need to clean the 'users' folder!
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- Of course, you'll need the STEAM version of the game.
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In STEAM's case, the default is: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Back-up the original Uplink.exe.
- Rename UplinkOS.exe to Uplink.exe.
- Now just run Uplink from the STEAM interface and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.
- The player is no longer allowed to buy things if he doesn't have enough money in the currently active account
- Added call buttons to Admins and Managers on the Company Contact page
- Moved all Voice files to a new, Audio, tab in the Files Manager
- The Randomize button on the map gets deactivated until the bounce is complete
- Added a new color to map elements when they are targeted and favourited
- After finishing, the Password_Breaker now also "clicks" the submit button
- Fixed a bug where you could open previously deleted apps if they had hotkeys assigned to them
- Fixed a crash when deleting logs with a level 3 account
- The files apps that run on servers now take into account other instances of the same app when calculating the needed time to complete
- Added a default gateway icon in the store (for modded gateways)
- Made the minimum CPU requirement for passive apps scalable in accordance to the total CPU