Uplink OS BETA v100 for the GOG version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness. Still BETA but this version doubles as the first Release Candidate!
Uplink OS v100 BETA for GOG
Still BETA but this version doubles as the first Release Candidate! :D Wohoo!
NOTE: Do take in mind, that some changes need a NEW USER created!
NOTE2: If you're updating from pre-093, you need to clean the 'users' folder!
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- First you'll need the GOG Version of the game. (this version may work on the Humble Bundle version too; haven't tested it)
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In GOG's case, the default is: C:\GOG Games\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Now just run UplinkOS.exe and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.
- Fixed a crash when accessing a file/log through the context menu after being disconnected
- Changed the Password_Breaker's timings
- Added time-stamps to files generated for "steal all" missions
- Fixed a bug with the Revelation_Tracker that didn't update its title correctly
- Fixed the subject line of the "Shiny Hammer" mission failed e-mail
- Fixed a bug when uploading a file while the file server is empty, the new file would not appear
- Fixed a bug when receiving an e-mail while the list is empty, the new e-mail would not appear
- Fixed a minor spill on Rankings board
- Fixed the Max Loan value. It now changes when you can loan more money
- Fixed the Cancel context action missing icon
- Fixed a bug that caused the Password_Breaker's text animation to contain the server's IP o_O
- The Dead Agent's eMailz screen is definitely up now
- Fixed a crash when assigning hotkeys to apps (oups!)
- Removed the versions for LAN_Force since they weren't different in any way
- Fixed a bug with the LAN Systems that would not reset the red color left by an admin
- HUD_ConnectionRandomizer now appears in the Gateway Info window
- Fixed a bank account values typo
- Fixed a bug that caused the bank's title to not change when connecting to another one through the Finance window
- Fixed some more typos
- Made the Randomizer use only the player's links, not all encountered