Uplink OS BETA v099 for the STEAM version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness. Aaaaalmost there...
Uplink OS v099 BETA for STEAM
Aaaaaaalmost there guys. Just a little bit...
NOTE: Do take in mind, that some changes need a NEW USER created!
NOTE2: If you're updating from pre-093, you need to clean the 'users' folder!
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- Of course, you'll need the STEAM version of the game.
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In STEAM's case, the default is: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Back-up the original Uplink.exe.
- Rename UplinkOS.exe to Uplink.exe.
- Now just run Uplink from the STEAM interface and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.
- Fixed a bug that stopped the player from accessing files on a file server with access from the employer
- Fixed a bug that caused the images and fonts to become corrupted after changing resolutions
- Fixed a bug that caused the resolution list to be empty on some systems
- Fixed a crash when applying settings in-game
- Made the Randomizer go through all available links
- Fixed the Password_Breaker's animation from running when paused
- Fixed a bug that stopped the player from deleting some bank statements
- Fixed a bug that caused missions to use male pronouns instead of female ones
- Added Cancel actions to files and logs
- Fixed a crash when opening the Status window
- Added app categories to the App Menu
- Fixed a bug that caused the arrows on the E-Mail window to not update correctly when receiving a new message
- Made the Trace_Tracker's sounds even louder
- Fixed a bug that caused the resolution list to get out of screen
- Updated some missions' descriptions to be more apparent that the player needs to wait for news about their deeds
- Fixed a bug that allowed important bookmarks to be removed if using hotkeys
- Added a Tour Guide window
- Fixed a bug that that caused some files to appear duplicated on the user's system
- On the App Upgrades screen, added space requirement for the apps