Uplink OS BETA v096 for the GOG version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness. Surprise weekend update! Fixed some crashes and did some more bug fixing and polishing!
Uplink OS v096 BETA for GOG
Surprise weekend update!
Fixed some crashes and did some more bug fixing and polishing!
NOTE: Do take in mind, that some changes need a NEW USER created!
NOTE2: If you're updating from pre-093, you need to clean the 'users' folder!
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- First you'll need the GOG Version of the game. (this version may work on the Humble Bundle version too; haven't tested it)
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In GOG's case, the default is: C:\GOG Games\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Now just run UplinkOS.exe and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.
- Fixed some scaling issues on 4:3 resolutions
- Fixed an issue with LAN Locks where they would not display their status correctly
- Added a pop-up when trying to load an old or corrupted profile
- Fixed an issue with the surnames file which caused the names to have impossible to type characters
- Fixed some more bugs related to the Security Screen
- Added a login sound
- Tuned the Logs and Files apps' timings to accustom the Mod's multitasking
- Fixed a crash when getting caught while accessing logs or files
- Added a "connecting to" animation when connecting to a new server
- Fixed a crash when using the Log Out hotkey
- Fixed a crash when deleting notes
- Fixed a bug that caused the "readonly" user to be useless on the International Databases
- Fixed a crash when opening the LAN Window, introduced in the last version (sorry 'bout that!)
- Changed the Log_Deleter v3 to ignore deleted logs
- Added Enter key support on server's input text fields
- Changed the Voice_Analyser v2 files menu to only show the person's name
- Fixed a bug in the View Record screen where the password and security fields where inverted
- Fixed the Nuke and Motion Sensor icons
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to run the Motion_Sensor without actually having the system installed
- Fixed a bug where the Decrypter showed an incorrect version in the Task Manager
- Added a Save Game button in the system menu
- Fixed a bug with the Uplink_Agent_List that caused the text to remain visible after closing
- Fixed the bug with deleting e-mails
- Moved the Attachment, Reply & Delete e-mail buttons to the bottom
- Fixed a crash when deleting e-mails with the hotkey