Uplink OS BETA v095 for the STEAM version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness. Bug fixes! Crash fixes! <3 Fixed the DAMNED Log_Deleter bugs! Yay!
Uplink OS v095 BETA for STEAM
Bug fixes! Crash fixes! <3
Fixed the DAMNED Log_Deleter bugs! Yay!
NOTE: Do take in mind, that some changes need a NEW USER created!
NOTE2: If you're updating from pre-093, you need to clean the 'users' folder!
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- Of course, you'll need the STEAM version of the game.
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In STEAM's case, the default is: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Back-up the original Uplink.exe.
- Rename UplinkOS.exe to Uplink.exe.
- Now just run Uplink from the STEAM interface and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.
- Fixed the BBS Icons when the mission is encrypted
- Made the details font on the E-Mail list items a bit bigger
- Made the subject line of the E-Mail truncate when it's too big
- Added a pop-up when leaving the Files or Logs screens while running apps
- Changed the IPs to use IPv4 addresses (special IPs remain the same)
- Fixed a bug in the loan missions where the mission would not be completed if the player wrote the loan as a "xxxxc" format
- Fixed a bug in the "Destroy a computer" missions where sometimes an employer asked to destroy one of their own computers
- Fixed a bug in the LAN view where elements would be out of draggable range
- Fixed a bug on the LAN systems login where a Voice Analyzer button would appear instead of a Password one
- Adjusted the timings of the apps (again!) to be closer to vanilla
- Fixed a bug in the Files Manager where it would show an incorrect value for the available space
- Fixed a crash when assigning hotkeys to Apps
- Changed the icons for passive (context) apps to make the active ones stand out
- Added an attachment button when viewing e-mails with attachments; this also fixes the vanilla bug where the campaign would become unplayable if he/she didn't have enough space on their HDD when receiving attachments
- Fixed the Connection Analyzer showing more security systems than there actually are
- Fixed some typos
- Fixed a bug where the LAN View would be over the fullscreen Map
- Adjusted the text truncation systems
- On the Map, the Reset button changes into a Disconnect one if connected
- Fixed a bug where the News list would not update correctly
- Fixed the Revelation_Tracker and added an icon for it
- Fixed the Revelation virus and added an icon for it
- Fixed the Faith app and added an icon for it
- Fixed the Voice_Analyzer v2.0 load menu
- Adjusted the Dictionary_Hacker's timings
- Made the news article scrollable
- Fixed the Randomizer from removing InterNIC if it was originally selected by the player
- Fixed a crash when loading a connection that had a recently removed link
- Made the location name in the top bar truncate
- Fixed the Logs screen issues! (Log_Deleter & Log_Modifier)
- Added a completion sound to the Log_Modifier
- Changed the Security Systems screen to let the player deactivate systems when the Proxy is bypassed
- Made the Files Manager open on the Files tab
- Fixed the known password buttons on Password screens
- Fixed a crash when quitting the game from the HUD
- Made the Notes and Hotkeys save in the users folder instead of in the uplinkHD folder
- When removing a user, its Notes and Hotkeys also get deleted
- Fixed a crash when deleting an E-Mail with the hotkey