Uplink OS BETA v091 for the GOG version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness.
Uplink OS v091 BETA for GOG
Lots of bugfixes in this version, especially that annoying crash that happened whenever you were deleting a local file!
*Please be aware that the previous save file version may be incompatible, so back it up first.
- Saved Map connections are now saved in the userfile
- Fixed issues with rescaling on different resolutions
- Fixed a case in which the text in the E-Mail notification
would not truncate correctly
- Fixed a bug that caused lines to not render correctly
- Added a confirmation pop-up when deleting user profiles
- Added status icons to links to better see if it's already
bookmarked or favourited
- Fixed a bug that caused the Trace_Tracker to not reset
after a trace
- Fixed a bug that caused the BBS mission descriptions to not
- Fixed a bug that caused the Apps descriptions to not truncate
- Fixed the UNIX Console. Works now!
- Fixed the crash when deleting local files
- Made the Connection Randomizer cheaper
- Fixed Hotkeys from not working when NumLock was off
- Added Read/Unread states to e-mails
- Fixed a bug that allowed files/logs to be deleted even if
the server had a Proxy/Firewall
- Fixed the Company Links screen that displayed the search
- Fixed the E-Mails window get out of screen on 16:10 monitors
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- First you'll need the GOG Version of the game. (this version may work on the Humble Bundle version too; haven't tested it)
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In GOG's case, the default is: C:\GOG Games\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Now just run UplinkOS.exe and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.