This mod allows you to run the game in resolutions in the range of 1280x720-1920x1200. All Tzar version supported.
1) Copy files into Tzar directory
2) Run TzarSettings.exe - select resolution and save settings
3) Run TzarRunner.exe
How fix - "Error switching to **** video mode!"
Disable any compatibility modes for tzar.exe. Then activate "reduced color mode" checkbox and select "16-bit color"
F12 hotkey - pause/resume hd resolution support (redraw screen).
After installing the patch for the game, you must remove Tzar.exe.bak
The patch only works at layout LAYOUT1024L, changing menu in-game can crash it.
sources.zip - TzarSettings and TzarRunner source codes.
Required netframefork 2.0
- Fix bug in "story" mode
- Сommand line parameters are passed from TzarRunner.exe to Tzar.exe (for open .wmp .wcm and other files or record replay).
- Added support for 1.11 version
- Fix click on minimap
- Fix for steam version
- The mechanism for redrawing the game window has been rewritten; now it is carried out using the injection of dll in the Tzar process. This fixed some issues with cursor drawing and double clicks, and improved performance a bit.
- Some optimizations
- It is now possible to select the version of the game manually in the TzarSettings.exe
- Added 1920*1200 resolution
- Added 1600*1200 resolution
- Fixed bug - "Error switching to **** video mode!" - now game starting in 16bit color compatability mode
- Added support for all game version - 1.00, 1.01, 1.01A, 1.10, 1.13b
- Added 1440*900 resolution
- Fixed bug - double-clicking triggers 3 clicks instead of 2
- Use system double click time
Improved compatability with UI elements