"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Team Arena. Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably. You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Description *
"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Team Arena.
Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably.
You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Features *
- redefined "fast and furious" single player experience
- quick single player score trial
- new gametype "Kamikaze Rush Hour"
- new gametype "Max Overload"
- new gametype "Harvester Redux"
- new gametype "Clan Arena"
- optional use of external entity set per gametype with bot AI support
- optional use of optimized bot route data per gametype
- optional player movement
1. double jump (from CPM or Quake Live)
2. bounce pad double jump (from Quake Live)
- advanced bot movement
- dynamic weapon choice AI
- more tactical AI
- wider range of render setting
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of both Quake III Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to v1.32
- unzip the contents of tier666TA-6.0.zip to your Quake3 folder, so that "tier666TA.exe" sits in the same directory with original "quake3.exe"
- double click "tier666TA.exe" to play
your_quake3_directoy\ (such as C:\game\quake3\)
|_baseq3\ (essential, addon contents should be located here for safety)
| |_ pak0-8.pk3
| |_ pak0-3.pk3
|_tier666TA\ (tier666 directory)
WARNING: You can't use tier666TA.exe to run other mods, including original Quake3 Arena.
* Change Log *
- added a new external waypoint system that is more reliable and is much eaiser to setup in radiant
NOTE: mdk(map development kit) is now available as a seperate download
NOTE: you don't have to recompile bot file, just have to create an additional small bsp file in a second
- added a customized version of q3dm6(ffa) whose item placement is almost equivalent to pro-q3dm6
- added a customized version of q3dm6(tournament) whose item placement matches the one with Quake Live's
- added a customized version of q3dm6(clan arena) in which bots make full use of new waypoint system
NOTE: current waypointing is least enough, there are a lof of potential left for you to make it better
NOTE: if you made a killer waypoint or item placement for any map, feel free to upload it to addon section in moddb :)
- added q3dm6 in single player tournament
- removed a CVAR "hopper_allow_godlike"
NOTE: an entry of removed CVAR is still left in "q3config.cfg" that can safely be erased
- added a new CVAR cg_fragFeedbackStyle