This update adds a new minimap, shading options, party warping, warp system overhaul, and UI for the Oculus Rift. In addition to monster fixes, chat glitch fixes, combat glitch fixes, and more.
We're going to be holding an end of summer event here very soon, so keep a look out for the official announcement post for more details.
- Added a new minimap.
- New high-detail shading options for more powerful computers.
- Party warping - When a player in a party warps, all nearby party members will get a message asking them if they would like to warp along with the player. If the location contains a keyword that the party member does not have, the party member will gain it once they have warped. In addition, party members that do not warp will receive a message telling them where their party members warped.
- Warp System Changes - The first set of changes to the warping system. The game has been setup to allow players to receive keywords from treasure, quests, talking to NPCs, and killing certain enemies. We'll be adding in new areas in the next update that will require users to obtain new keywords in order to gain access to the locations.
- Oculus Rift UI is displayed.
- Warp screen is displayed when the player warps.
MINOR CHANGES & FIXES
- Updated the camera collision system (still needs more tweaking).
- Fixed issue with enemies randomly disappearing.
- Fixed issue where control would remove player info.
- NPCs will no longer buy items for more than they sell them for.
- Chat does not allow blank messages to be sent.
- Battle music ends once an enemy is out of range, or you warp back to the root town.
- Enhanced login graphics.
(If the patcher does not work for you, then please use the download)
- The Oculus Rift code needs to be updated and made compatible with DK2.
- UI Buttons are all square, the UI is going to be tweaked in the near future to fit our hexagon theme.
- Some elements still need to be converted to the new UI scheme.
- Aqua Polis trees need to be tweaked, the sway is a bit off the branches and the leaf shading is a bit too vibrant.
- When equipping a piece of armor or weapon, the inventory slot is still filled in despite the item not showing up in the inventory.
- Fullscreen flickering on client startup.
- Icons cannot be allocated to the skill bar.
- You can get stuck inside of monsters.
- The player does a full-rotation when targeting an enemy, instead of smoothly turning towards it.
As always please let us know when you find issues during your testing, and thank you to everyone for helping us continue to forge this world.