1.1 Release of TUM : Remod. Remod already has the files of TUM, so, no need to install the original version or anything, it's all already done! Hope you all enjoy!
- Added a couple of "chapter titles" at a few maps.
- Added an additional grunt to um9.
- Added fades at the intro.
- Added lip to wall merging doors, should no longer do that now.
- Added overlays to old unchanged TUM models (sub, world, para, plante, pesix, palf, leaf).
- Added sound qc trigger for v_grenade.mdl throwing.
- Added sound qc trigger for v_shotgun.mdl, removing the default scock1.wav.
- Added sounds to soundless doors.
- Bad ending no longer crashes the game.
- Changed beginning credits text.
- Changed the text in umhome to inform players of new stealth mechanics.
- Changed up the shotgun pump and pistol fire sound a little.
- Fixed a couple of grammar issues in the TUM wads (lunching and reserch).
- Found out that the assassin boss doesn't hurt you in skill 3 (Hard/Realistic), made it so that there's only 2 difficulties instead (Easy/Easyfied & Normal/Original).
- Good and bad ending text changed.
- Health boxes on walls now act like old HL healthchargers instead of healing you only if you stand still when using the box.
- Made "final boss" run slightly faster.
- Made the assassin boss slightly tougher, still easily dies with a short burst though.
- Made the trap room door unlockable.
- Made w_9mmar.mdl and w_crossbow.mdl smaller.
- Modified the triggers at the end boss so that letting him launch the missile then killing him won't break the ending (originally, doing that gave you both good and bad endings, with the scenes and text overlapping with each other).
- Old HUD replaced.
- Replaced burger.mdl.
- Replaced decals and gfx wads, should have better blood and new loading texts.
- Replaced music cues throughout the mod, the mod now uses HL2 music.
- Reskinned w_medkit.mdl.
- Reverted some of the textures in new halflife.wad to their original counterpart to fix the "textures looking weird" problem.
- hassassin.mdl replaced.
- leech.mdl replaced.
- v_357.mdl origins moved, model scale increased to prevent view clipping.
- v_9mmhandgun.mdl origins moved, missing face when drawing is fixed.
- v_satchel.mdl draw animation changed to prevent cutoff.
- v_satchel_radio.mdl origins moved, antenna texture changed, model scale increased to prevent view clipping.
- w_argrenade skin replaced with a higher res one.
Remod is a HD mod for TUM that tries to bring :
- HD models.
- Detail textures.
- HUD changes.
- Sound changes.
- Text changes.
- Map entity changes.
- Map texture changes.
Remod already includes TUM, so you don't need to need to install the older version, just install this one on your HL installation and you're good to go!
Installation is simple, extract the MenaceRemod folder that is inside the .7z into your Half-Life installation folder (Where hl.exe is located, NOT inside any of the other folder such as "valve" or "valve_hd")"
Example would be "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life"
There should now be "valve" and "remod_menace" inside you Half-Life installation folder along with any other
mod/steam-related folders you may have inside.
Restart Steam, "The Unknown Menace - Remod" should be inside the Games list.
If that doesn't work somehow, create a shortcut of hl.exe, open it's Properties, add " -game remod_menace" to the end of the target bar.
Example would be "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\hl.exe -game remod_menace"
Hope you enjoy!
The mod also adds simple detail texturing, if not activated yet, type "r_detailtextures 1" and its counterpart into the console.
ADDITIONAL NOTES :
There is a possibility that this mod uses an old config code.
Changing keyboard configs must be done before playing a game, quitting and then reopening the mod to save the config file.