ReShade Preset - Bleaker atmosphere - Graphics mod.
This section provides a download link, a video preview and install instructions.
Part One (Necessary pre-mod in-game settings):
Settings > Graphics > Neutral Lighting > Off
Settings > Video > Enable DX12 Renderer > No
Settings > Gameplay > Reticle Opacity > 75
Part Two (Mod installation):
Download 'The_Revision.zip' from the link on this page.
Extract the four contents of the 'The_Revision' zipped folder (one '.dll' file, two '.ini' files, and the sub-folder) into the 'TheDivision2' folder (where "TheDivision2.exe" is located).
Part Three (Launch and customisation):
- Launching the game should automatically activate the mod.
- 'Scroll Lock' will toggle the mod off/on.
- Please do not update to or install the latest ReShade version. Newer versions will likely not be compatible with this game.
- Press 'Home' to bring up the ReShade menu in-game, and 'Home' again to dismiss it. The preset's effects can be customised in this menu.
- If you are playing at higher resolutions (1440p and above), you may need to experiment with the film grain (under 'MultiFX') and possibly the lens flare/dirt (under 'Bloom') settings, to achieve a suitable level of strength (these aspects may also be disabled).
- Once you're satisfied with the look, checking the 'Performance mode' box at the bottom-right of the 'Home' tab of the ReShade menu, may slightly improve performance.
Thank you to the developers of ReShade and the various applied effects, and to everyone in the community who has created and shared their ReShade presets, without taking apart and referring to which, this preset could not have been cobbled together.