This mod for The Godfather (2006) PC fixes the game and makes it playable again on modern software and hardware. Includes launch fix which makes the game playable on Windows 10 PC, no more crashing upon launch. Also includes a widescreen fix to make the game the correct aspect ratio and not stretched out. And includes updated controller setup. 5/19/2022 Xbox One and PS4 Controller Support has been added by Greavesy
This mod for The Godfather (2006) PC fixes the game and makes it playable again on modern software and hardware. Includes launch fix which makes the game playable on Windows 10 PC (no more crashing upon launch). Also includes a widescreen fix to make the game the correct aspect ratio and not stretched out. And includes updated controller setup in readme file that allows you to play the game with a wired Xbox 360 controller instead of mouse and keyboard.
**Version 2.0: Xbox One and PS4 Controller Support added by Greavesy**
Step 0. You can't buy The Godfather on PC digitally now so only way is to buy PC disc version or torrent. If you download the game then you need to replace EXE with the EXE crack to run the game. I have included a working exe in the "SilentPatch" folder.
Step 1. Install Silent Patch or else game will crash upon launch on PC
Bonus: You can skip the EA Paramount intro every time you launch the game by going to "scripts" folder and open SilentPatchGF.ini with notepad and change the following: "SkipIntroMovies=0" to "SkipIntroMovies=1"
Step 2. Install The Godfather Widescreen Fix by ThirteenAG
1. Click "Start, and in the search window type "Device Manager".
2. Right click on "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" > properties > Details > Hardware Ids
Remember your value, mine is VID_045E&PID_028E (every controller has different value)
3. Go to start, and open regedit.exe. and go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_045E&PID_028E <- from Step 2
4. Double click on 'OEMName' and rename "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" to "XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)" and click ok.
5. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_045E&PID_028E
Double click on 'OEMName' and rename "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" to "XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)" and click ok.
Voilà it should now work!
If you have an Xbox One controller then follow the steps:
1. Make sure the Xbox One controller is plugged in, launch the game. Notice that your controller isn't working. Go to Options > Controls.
2. Go to "Active Gamepad" and click the dropdown arrow to select the Xbox One controller. Now try your controller again, you should be able to move the cursor now. The Calibrate button should no longer be greyed out.
3. Try and setup your gamepad bindings, you have to use the mouse to select the bindings.
Here is a video showing how to enable the Xbox One Controller, changing buttons and playing the game -> Youtu.be
Join The Godfather game discord: Discord.gg