Finally, the epic modification for Civilization 3 is coming back for Civilization 4. It's just in the beginning stages, but there are already twelve ancient civilizations.
- Mongolia (will be changed)
- Germanic Tribes
I know this is far from complete -- it is a work in progress and I want to let you play from the very beginning. Feel free to make suggestions, though.
A completely revamped tech tree will come as well, but it will come last (after the civilizations), because it will require the reworking of all units, buildings, and (of course) techs.
There will be no pre-placed cities. That would be a scenario, not a mod. I may make scenarios for TAM-CIV4, but not now.
To do list (in order of priority):
- Add more civilizations
- Change civilization leader names
- Change civilization flags
- Change unit languages (a tricky one)
- Remove all non-ancient units
- Remove all non-ancient techs
- Remove all non-ancient buildings
- Create ancient-only tech tree
- Create ancient-only units
- Create ancient-only buildings
- Create religions
- Change civilization leader animations
- Change civilization theme music
- Change modern background music
- Other artwork changes
Things YOU GUYS need to do:
- Localize the XML files
-- Correct my bad French
-- Put in the Italian names (right now all Italian text is in English)
-- Put in the Spanish names (all Spanish text is in English)
Ideas and suggestions... please post them!