Lots more champion and unique level monster, new monsters a monster mechanics and monsters that where once on your side have turned against you (golems). New bosses (like Nikita the Dark Assassin), expanded a area (Burial Grounds) and NPCs that fought for you are now against you (Red Coats, Rogue and Guards)
TeknoKyo D2 Mod V1.10 For D2 v1.04
-Make a backup of the file Patch_D2.mpq in your Diablo2 directory before copying this mod over it.
-Make a backup of your char files that you wanna use for this mod b4 playing.
-Play the game in Hell for the best experience ... already toned down ... :)
v1.10 - Main features - This is the start of a whole new makeover coming soon ... :)
- New Monsters and monster mechanics ... :)
- Monsters that fought for you now fight against you, Blood Golems, Iron Golems and Fire Golems
including Unique and Champion levels of all enemy golems ... some modifiers make-em real tough.
- New enemy NPC that summons Golems, Blood Summoner summons Blood Golems, Evil Sorceress summons
Multiple Iron Golems and Dark Assassin summons Fire Golems. I bet Blizzard didn't realise this
could be done on mods without code hacking ... ;)
- All unsummoned golems have hi % to drop set items and rares (95-100%)
- All Golem summoners have hi % to drop and rares (95-100%)
- Golems and golem summoners are tough and available in Act1, Caves 4 and 5, and also thruout Act3 and Act4
... be prepared ... :)
- Created Nikita the Dark Assassin as the Crypt Boss ... have been wanting to do this since my 1st mod ... :)
- Toned down Hell level Mons HP to provide more fun and tradeoff for new Golems and summoners.
- NPC that fought for you now fight against you, Rogue, Guard and Red Coats(Iron Wolf).
- Hireables stats are somewhat changed/strengthened due to this.
- You get to fight almost all the monsters with completed gfx that were left out by Blizzard for some
- Almost all Unique items provide better armor and damage than most exceptional rares. This make it worthwhile
to get uniques ... afterall, uniques should be a lot better than rares. ie. Silks of Victor = 900+ armor rating
- Lots more champion and unique level monsters now ... to provide more challenge and fun.
- More areas with hi percentage of exceptional rares from stash.
- Lots of other changes and still no newbification and item morphing ... :)
- More Monsters including more Uniques and Champion Monsters everywhere.
- Cow Level can be access thru Waypoint and infinitely (This has been done by Fusman on the Arsenal Mod)
- Every Act (Including Act 4) can have all 3 hireables.
- Better items from All monsters and stashes. (Hell level has lots)
- A lot of areas increase in size.
- Can't remember right now ... :)
Crypt and Mausoleum in Burial Grounds:
- Crypt and Mausoleum in Burial Grounds now has huge area.
- More than 20 monster types can appear in each of these areas now.
- Uniques of special monsters that is not possible on Diablo 2.
- Almost all items retrieved from Barrels, Weapon/armor stand, Graves etc are Rare
including Exceptional Rares possible
- Uniques and champion level for unique monsters possible.
- Frequency of monsters types and uniques has been increased.
- Some other changes.
- NO changes to anything that causes items morphing or chars to become newbie again
- You can use your existing chars on this mod + on D2Xpansion when it's out
- More changes will be added in that will not affect the chars files/item morphs so that
you can use your existing chars with this MOD and also with the new D2Xpansion and also revert back.
- There is a lot of drawback on MOD making especially on items due to this but things will change
once the D2X is out.
None that I know of but Blizz did change the way items are obtained from stash on v1.04, so Crypt and
Mausoleum don't provided all rares from stash, but Armor and weapon stands still do.
Credits and Greetz:
- Blizzard for making a real cool game that runs well on my 3 year old PC ... this is the kind of coding
that other software company should learn from.
- Blizzard for the way-cool softcoding that enabled the production of this mod.
- All Mod making program coders and supporters.
- My wife who has been so ever patient with me ... :)
- Every1 at PhrozenKeep, Chealist-Diablo 2 Hacklist, VKmods, Infoceptor and all the rest of the D2 sites.
- Every1 participating in all mod making forums.
- The reason I don't have any names here is bcus I don't wanna leave out anyone ... ;)
Something that I would like to have:
A patch that allows me to play Assassin on the Diablo 2 b4 the d2x comes out.
Something that might interest mod makers.
If you wanna use any or part of this mod for incorporation into your own mods, email me ... :)
This mod is provided as is where is and no part of this Mod is to be distributed or reuse
without my permission.
If you like this mod, just realise that in this world, there are people who are unfortunate,
and live your life to the fullest of your potential.
Forum: Currently there isn't one, but you can use the same one as Ancestral Recall, just make sure to mark the thread with a Teknokyo title: Phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com
Due to the fact that I'm a damn lazy guy I might not reply emails ... :)