The first tech demo for Monster Prince and The Eternal Kingdom was released! Check it out and go explore!
This is the 1st release for Monster Prince and The Eternal Kingdom!
It's a very early tech demo, which won't feature most of what I imagine the final game to be.
It's currently a game about exploration and item acquiring / leveling up. It has currency (gold), but since you can't buy stuff there it doesn't do much.
The development began around September/October 2012 as a personal project in my spare time. It's a platformer with heavy 8/16-bit influence, specially the Sega Wonder Boy in Monster World series.
ARROW KEYS - move
Z - Jump
X - Attack
D - Inventory
A - Use item 1
S - Use Item 2
F4 - Full Screen / Windowed
1, 2, 3 (at home screen / Main menu) - Window size 1x, 2x, 3x.
You can find more about it (and news) in my tumblr
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Finally! A download!
* The lighting simulated area needs to be larger to prevent the weird sunlight dissapearing thing.
* You should be able to jump off the top of ladders and vines
* Fighting while running should be a feature
* You should set your room speed to 60 instead of 30
* Cannot figure out how to save
* Needs a guide
* The level up animation scared me, thought it was lightning...
+ I got an awesome sword really early, yay!
+ Got to the mole boss, killed him in one shot with my amazing rare sword
That's my first impression
More later probably, I've been tracking this game forever!