Latest Alpha Mac Version of Syndemic, which includes an engine update, many sound effects, and a new zone.
With the Desura website now defunct, I am going to focus on IndieDB for Syndemic updates. This version is the latest build, which include:
- Engine upgrade should improve performance across all systems.
- Many sound effects and music tracks have been added. While in some cases these are simply placeholders, they should give a good impression of what the final sound will be like.
- The brain zone is now available in both Resistance and Transmission mode. It is a very difficult zone, with a variety of aggressive enemies and obstacles.
Transmission Mode Specific Additions:
- There are now data particles that can be collected and add flavor to the game. The more of these you collect, the more missions open up in the hosts. They are found after completing missions or can be bought at the immune cell stores.
- You can travel between different hosts in the host transition screen now. The various colors of hosts represent different difficulty levels (Red = Hard, Orange = Normal, Yellow = Easy, Blue = Store).
- Immune cell stores are now found on the host transition screen. Currently 4 items can be purchased: Alpha helix, Beta sheet, Random plasmid, and Data particles.
- New brain infection mission is available.
Note: If you paid for the game on Desura before it went under, please get in direct contact with me (and let me know the date of purchase) and I will send you a link to the 'Early Backers Version' as a thank-you.
Note 2: If your Mac receives an error message saying that the file is damaged or cannot be used, you must go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere