Version 1.0 of Call of Chernobyl Revisited for CoC 1.4.22 A somewhat of a tribute to the amazing work that mod makers do for the Stalker community.
This is a heavily modified version of Call of Chernobyl 1.4.22
I have collected and put together some of the best addons for the game with some personal tweaks and additions as well.
To install the Mod please extract the 'gamedata' folder into the CoC directory.
To be able to run this mod you need:
- Call of Pripyat (preferably lastest version) - you can acquire the game on Steam or GOG
- Call of Chernobyl 1.4.22 - you can download the mod on MODDB
List of addons used:
- Arsenal Overhaul 3.1
- Autumnal Winds (Nature overhaul + Mutant textures from Misery)
- Better Torch for CoC
- Dodge these Gnomus Scopes for AO 3.1 (open scopes)
- Doctor X Desolation 1.2
- Doctor X Dynamic Anomalies 2.1
- Doctor X Questlines 1.25
- Gore Mod 1.2
- Improved interface 2.1 (only some textures)
- Structures Redux 2.5
- TRX Dynamic News Revamp 4.3
- TRX Fresh Start 1.4 (modified by me)
- TRX Global Weather 2.2
- Mutant Looting UI (Extended Version)
- cHUD 1.2 (the HUD now has Health, Stamina and Ammo visible plus all the indicators)
- Doctor X Dynamic Faction Relations 1.8 (partially)
- Flashlight Sound by Grelka
- Dynamic Hud v2 (Unlike Smurths Dynamic Hud this one has no consumables animations)
- W.A.R.F.I.G.H.T.E.R. 0.51
- New animated Menu from 18 Animated Menus
- Loot Money
- Low Crouch/Prone
Personal additions and tweaks:
- New consumables with their respective usage sounds: beer, mineral water, cocaine, marijuana, cigarettes, canned pasta, ibuprofen, Army Doctor Field Kit, chocolate (the idea came from
Call of Misery and it is there to bring a bit more variation and balance to the gameplay).
- Reworked economy - Everything is really expensive (Misery style expensive)
- Loot is scarce and rare (including the one found on dead Stalkers) again similar to Misery.
- Footstep sounds from Call of Misery (they just sound so much better)
- Inventory sounds from Call of Misery (again better sound)
- New icons for all consumables (both old and new ones)
- Dirty hands textures from guess where... Call of Misery (you are a guy that definitely hasn't washed much recently you will be dirty)
- Each faction can now only choose from one possible starting location (generally the base of operations for each faction)
- Your starting gear is pretty poor. (this only makes sense because you didn't come to the Zone rich, you're there to make some money)
- New ambient soundtrack for all locations (I have made sure to choose some real atmospheric music to go along with the game)
- Reworked consumables to be more hardcore (not as brutal as in Misery but combined with how scarce and expensive loot is you will be treading carefully)
- Main character immunities and properties reworked (used Call of Misery as example) - The main difference this makes is that mutants, anomalies and wounds can massacre you very easy now.
And choosing difficulty has no effect either as it is now unified.
- Longer day/night cycle than original CoC (where it was too fast) and date is set to 01/09/2020.
The main point is that you come to the Zone after all that happened in the many years. The Group has found a way to make the C-Con live again and you go on a quest to find the Wish Granter and the truth about the Zone
Zone! However the Zone is unpredictable now and anomalies and mutants have claimed many territories while Stalkers are scarce and rare breed. The base game is still Call of Chernobyl
, however it is more dangerous and challenging. You may find similarities with Call of Misery but neither the economy or loot is so expansive and complicated and still it is
widely much much easier experience.
Please enjoy and report any bugs or crashes.