This patch for the SP CoD2 Axis Player mod brings it up to version 1.1. This mod allows you to play the single player game as a part of the axis.
- Fixed a bug in the first level where Letlev would not give his speech, and so the level would not end. Now he will give his speech, but the ending music will start later.
- Made additional weapon adjustments to add balance.
This is a mod for Call of Duty 2 that switches the player's team, so instead of fighting for the Allies, he fights for the Axis. This is basically the sequel to my Call of Duty 1 Axis Player mod. I know that someone already released a similar mod, but this adds countless improvements, most obviously changes like the Grease Gun being a useable weapon by both the player and enemy AI, and enemies in Normandy consisting simultaneously of both British and American troops.
IF YOU EVER HAVE PROBLEMS, LOOK AT THE README FIRST!
IF YOU WANT HELP WITH A PROBLEM, E-MAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org! DO NOT ASK FOR HELP FROM ME ANYWHERE ELSE, AS I WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE YOUR QUESTION! DON'T HESITATE TO SEND ME SUGGESTIONS OR ERROR REPORTS SO THAT I CAN FIX THEM AND MAKE IMPROVEMENTS!
Just toss SP_COD2_axisplayer.iwd into your Main directory.
I couldn't help myself, so I changed around the music on a few levels. You will need to have SP_COD2_axisplayer_music.iwd in your Main directory to hear the new music.
- You can use SP_COD2_axisplayer_toughteam.iwd if you want. It increases the default health of all allies to 1000, and raises their default accuracy to 0.9. It also makes the player slightly easier to kill. Rest assured, the allies will still suck.
- MMM_Shellshock_Music.iwd makes it so that being affected by shellshock, or holding your breath while sniping, will not lower the volume of music.
NOTICES, CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Do not play the game in Developer mode, because it will crash constantly!
- Do not use this mod in conjunction with other mods that mess with the single player, because it may have undesired results! It might also screw stuff up in unpure multiplayer servers!
- Every Panzer II (besides the ones in the Russian campaign) is transformed into a Desert Sherman. There's only one Panzer II in all of the temperate climate levels, so whenever you see that one Panzer II covered in dust and dirt, you'll know why.
- The machine gun on the player's tank is for some reason lower than it's supposed to be, but it's still attached to the turret and fires normally.
- Not every rank is changed to a German word (so some soldiers will still be "Pvt." instead of "Schütze"), because many characters are named in the map itself. I can rename them, but it will sometimes mess up scripting, so I decided it just isn't that important.
- Enemies will drop bags of German hand grenades, no matter what kind of enemy it is. However, I fixed it so that, though the grenades will always look like a bag of German grenades, every enemy in a campaign will drop the corresponding country's grenades, so every enemy in the British campaign will drop British hand grenades, even if the enemy is American.
- The MG42 and .30 Cal are switched. It only looks funky in the Russian campaign, because nobody should have .30 Cals, but oh, well!
- Machine guns have a much wider range (from 90 degrees to 160 degrees). AI will never poke through walls or anything, even if they're aiming as far left or right as they can go, but the player will sometimes move into a wall. This doesn't have any bad effects, however.
- The volume of all music and ambience is set to 1 (so they all play at the their natural volume). Normally, every song and ambient sound file is lowered, sometimes by half.
- The player's default threatbias is set to 0, the same as all of his allies, so enemies won't think the player is a higher-priority target. I find it to be annoying when I'm supposed to be a normal soldier like everyone else around me, yet somehow I'm more important to the enemies indefinitely.
- The maximum ammo the player can have for a pistol is 999, or, in a sense, "infinite". Because pistols are made to be so useless, as they for some reason take up one of the two weapons slots and they're not extremely accurate or effective like all of the other weapons, I decided to make them have so much ammo that you'd have to sit still and shoot bullets mindlessly for an hour to actually run out of bullets for them.
- Ammo and damage of various weapons is tweaked and balanced.
- Americans that use the Thompson may randomly use the Grease Gun instead. The player can use any Grease Gun dropped by an enemy.
- Russians that use the PPSh may randomly use the PPS-42 instead.
- Various weapons are randomized, like an enemy that's supposed to use the Kar98k might use the Gewehr 43 instead, and vice versa. The temperate climate enemies will consist randomly of both British soldiers and American soldiers.
- On any level possible, the amount of teammates has been doubled. Because of this, I lowered the teammate health from 150 to 100.
- Teammates can enact long deaths, such as lying on the ground and firing their pistol before they die. They can also drop their weapons and use their pistols.
- The "final boss" battle in the Rhine level is much more difficult. The player can't place bombs on the Tiger tanks (now Crusader tanks), so he must use the flak guns. The tank turrets will also shoot at the player and his teammates, though they will usually shut themselves off at some point.
- I added in a German winter soldier that was previously unused in single player, where he doesn't have a mask or anything on, and he has a tan helmet.
88ridge - A Sherman transformed into a Tiger. Due to the limited use of Allied tanks, only the desert Shermans are tigers, and all other Allied tanks are turned into Panzer IIs.
bergstein - The player aiming the Grease Gun at an enemy who is also carrying the Grease Gun.
crossroads - The Tiger tank, now the Crusader tank, carrying British and American troops.
demolition - The player holding the PPS-42 on the second level. Also, the "new" German winter soldier.
downtown_assault - A Russian enemy on the attack.
elalamein - Captain Price looking cool while shooting British soldiers.
hill400_defend - An assembly of German troops, both healthy and wounded.
libya - Panzer IIs fighting Shermans in the desert. This picture is outdated, in that the Shermans are now Desert Shermans, and thus wouldn't have the "teeth" on the front.
matmata - MacGregor and some German troops in a jeep.
rhine - Schlueter, nooo!
silotown_assault - McCloskey on an MG42.
Broadus (that's me!) made this mod from scratch. I also got a lot of help in testing from Sachsen-Teufel. If not for him, I would've lazily released this too early, unaware of its many bugs.
You can e-mail me at zurg_ling90 @ yahoo.com. Remember that, if you want me to read something, you'll need to e-mail it to me. I'm not going to read any comments on the file's page. Not that I don't want to, I'll just forget and simply never will, so PLEASE e-mail me instead of complaining about problems in the file's comments, and PLEASE read the readme before you e-mail me about a problem.