This mod by veteran_gamer is an overhaul mod. See File/Full Details for more info.
SMOD OUTBREAK will be the best thing that has happened for half-life 2, since half-life 1. Ultimately the player shall decide if such a bold statement is true. It's not perfect, because I'm not perfect, I've also done all of this by myself, except for the last few months where I was blessed with some help, enabling me to include key game-play/visual features. I hope this brings enjoyment to many, bless all those who try it out, and I thank The Author for creating the ultimate source sandbox, SMOD, the king of Mods.
- Added startup video for sheeeets and giggles
- Changed nightvision overlay
- Added "winshield" to the Buggy, made out of the "combine shield"
- Removed "envmask" stuff for v_ and w_models, and made sure w_models have model 1 for no errors
- Restored "INVNEXT" and "INVPREV" for those who would like to use it
- Change player and NPC desert eagle fire1 sound (better)
- Adjust hl2_song6 so that bass is distored but not overpowering
- Replaced regular crossbow with scripted crossbow that shoots 3 bolts from regular smod, modified V_MODEL to use 3 bolts, pretty neat..or ghetto,
let me know how you guys feel about it, your wish is my command :]
- Changed crossbow_bolt missle to be longer & thicker, also made it glow in the dark
- Added new crossbowrounds ammo model to match the crossbow
- Used same shotgun shells from item_ammo_box, for the shotgun in-game, so it ejects high quality shells
- Added 357ammobox world model, uses old box, cut open, with new texture, and a bunch of 357 bullet models, kinda cool :]
- Replaced big green infinite ammo resupply box for AR2 to match the AR2 world clip models
- Replaced big green infinite ammo resupply box for RPG to match the world Rocket models
- Replaced big green infinite ammo resupply box for SMG1 with a better looking one, still not satisfied, but not a priority
- Upgraded big green infinite grenade resupply box to having new, round, smooth grenades like the w_grenade model
- Upgraded w_grenade.mdl by adding smoothing to it, much much, MUCH better
- Fixed small issue which none of you would of, or will notice ever with item_ammo_ar2 (had to do with the little "wrap" thing clipping by about
a half centimeter, in case you're wondering what its doing in models\items
- ***please give me a bit of time, ill make the w_model for the crossbow, which will use SHOTGUN bone, so combine soldiers/rebels will be able to PIN
enemies to the wall, just like you! cool huh? thanks for being patient.
I know this is all visual, but bear with me friends, we need to get this "looking right" before we start messin with the game-play. So after
we've all decided that we've had enough models shoved in our faces, we can move on to weapon accuracy, ammo capacity, etc. And Please, no Realism
scifi, and will remain so unless i get struck by lightning or die some other way. Dealing realistic damage is cool, but npcs are
meant Nuts, this is to be killed by the player, in the dozens i might add. The player can still be challenged and have a healthy "fear of his enemies" without
this turning into an army training course.
Also everyone, the damn headcrabs got to go. I've wasted a few hours on them already, and the animations seem to be....displaced. I'm going to toy
with them a bit more, but if it doesn't work, I'll be asking you to remove your headcrab models :p Lets hope for the best.
Very Important. I HAVENT CHECKED THE FORUM whatsoever because I dont have the time to dedicate to you that you deserve. I cant just do "run and go"
answers and stuff. You should feel cheated if I did. I asked you to sign up, so the least I can do is dedicated attention and effort to involving
myself fully. And right now if I log into th ere and start reading the new posts which is VERY TEMPTING i might add, i wont be able to put it down,
and I have a few things to handle in real life before I interact with you guys in the way I feel is proper.