So yeah, this is the Sides beta/demo for Terra Strife, I've chosen Mygeeto to set this demo on, which, as Maveritchell said, seems to be a fairly balanced map with a variety of environments. To give you a hugely stripped-down, uber-basic description, there are two forces struggling against each other. Cobalt Force and the United States Armed Forces. Cobalt Force is an international terrorist organization (at least to the United States they are) INSTALLATION: I'm sure most of you have gotten the drift of installation by now, but for those who are new, simply extract the folder titled TSS into Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\AddOn, wherever that may be.
Since I'd rather let you explore then sides yourself, and how they play, I won't give you a description, however there are some screenshots you can look at to satisfy your appetite for previews.
Bugs/Errors/Things that are wrong that I know about:
- The HUD weapon icons are not set up completely correctly, I got them to the best I could
- Automatic weapon sounds will sometimes glitch due to the high rate of fire
- Scope remains fixed while moving (UNFIXABLE)
- Ammo canisters/bacta are still default onse (will be fixed in later versions)
- Voiceovers are still for the Alliance and Empire (possibly unfixable, any help here?)
- No localization for any language besides American English (will be included in later versions)
- Pandemic and the entire Star Wars Battlefront II team, for making a great game with big modding possibilities, and also making the Mygeeto map, which is what this sides demo takes place on! XD
- Repsharpshooter, for just being there all the way, helping me with any modding/modeling questions I had, and also texturing a sniper rifle that's not in this sides demo, collectively known as the "protosniper"
- elfie and Nullcommando, for their really sweet skins
- Kyrottimus for his radio sound pack (possibly eventually)
- The whole Gametoast crew, for numerous tutorials and helping me with whichever problems I had
- Play realisticly! Use cover, take your shots wisely, and, don't spray (fire on full auto for more than 1.5 seconds) unless it's absolutely necessary
Here, a quote from Schizo (slightly edited):
Okay, heres my biggest advice for both teams; dont go all Rambo and charge headlong into the enemy. I know you can
do that in normal BFII and survive, but lemme tell ya, in Terra Strife, you wouldnt last 10 seconds doing that. Charging
into the enemy base isnt going to work. Youve got to learn to take it in strides. Choose a position, stay in it,
lay down supressing fire, and when the enemy starts to weaken, then move up a little bit, take up position again, and
repeat the process. I know its time-consuming, but if you were on a battlefield with bullets flying past your head,
would you just stand up straight and run out into the thick of it? I dont think so.
Use cover to your advantage. I cant stress this enough. Cover is important in Terra Strife. I realize there are places
where theres very little cover. You know what you do then? Get outta there, dipwad. Dont just stand out in the
open; youre just asking to get shot. Find cover, and use it. If you can use cover, and then use the strategy I
explained above (lay down supressing fire, move up a little bit at a time), then youre bound to make a lot more
progress then if you just charged headlong into the middle of the battlefield.
- Choose the class that best suits your environment
- Give multiplayer a go, set up a server and invite some friends, I did design this with multiplayer in mind as well ;)
- Enjoy yourself!
*Future versions WILL include more content, and especially the more interesting kinds, you can be assured of that ;)*