Better shapeshifting. includes two files, use only one.
saving your game while a character is in one of their shifted forms may cause corruption to character's attributes. Try to avoid it if possible and only save while in human "form".
the .dazip file can be installed using program DAupdater.exe (which is located in "../bin_ship/" sub-folder of your Dragon Age installation folder)
- delete sub-folder "shapeshifter_plus" located in "../Bioware/Dragon Age/AddIns/"
- delete file "shapeshifter_plus_package.erf" located in folder "../Bioware/Dragon Age/packages/core/data/"
changes made to the original version of the system:
* the code now properly calculates and applies attributes to the shifter's forms. The effects can now be also negative although this generally affects only the Flying Swarm form.
* the caster's spellpower attribute has more noticeable effect on the attributes of the forms. This allows the forms to remain more viable as the game advances through levels and enemies become stronger.
* the cooldowns for individual forms were reduced by 15-30 seconds.
* the individual forms were tweaked to give them more distinct characters:
Spider Form -- the spider is fast, has the highest base damage output, very light armour and low armour penetration. It's most useful fighting low armoured opponents and bringing them down one by one.
Bear Form -- the bear has the lowest damage output though with slightly better armour penetration than the spider. The bear's strong points are its heavy armour and large health bonus which make it a sturdy opponent able to take some beating.
Flying Swarm -- the swarm has very low health but its high defense makes it difficult to hit(especially with arrows) It doesn't attack enemies directly but instead deals low damage over time to all enemies around it within ~5m radius, largely ignoring the opponents' armour. Note the swarm is very vulnerable to fire damage.
* in addition to its current bonus the Master Shapeshifter talent now provides 4th form:
Dragon Form -- the dragon is capable of dealing moderate damage and its dagger-like talons can penetrate the armour better than the spider and the bear. Its hide provides medium protection from attacks and makes it highly resistant to fire damage. The dragon's Flame Breath and Roar allow it to attack more than one enemy.
this module is most likely not going to be compatible with other modules which affect shapeshifting specialization, as they're likely to also modify the file spell_shapeshift.ncs in one way or another.
the module was not tested with the Fade section of the game. While the attributes for Fade forms weren't directly affected, the changes made to the core shapeshifting script may have some unforeseen effect on these forms, for better or for worse.
attributes for the forms were picked basing on performance of auto-levelled characters equipped with moderate gear, in Normal difficulty mode. They were not thoroughly tested. Because the scaling is based off the caster's spellpower (which is Magic attribute - 10) it is possible the forms will perform stronger or weaker than originally intended, especially for players who prefer to min-max their characters. Based on the feedback the scaling might be addressed in the future, shall such issues arise.
Please note, the level of power for these forms isn't supposed to entirely match that of well equipped melee characters. They're intended more as just viable additional tools in the mage's arsenal, than full replacement for another party member.
you can modify this if needed. credit my name if you please