MERRY (Early or Late) CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! Today I re-uploaded Sereja's The Polar Express map for archiving purpose. This map is a Battlefront 1 map which was converted to Battlefront 2 by Locutus. The Polar Express map is based on the book entitled "The Polar Express" which follows a young boy who does not believe in Santa Claus when he is picked up by this magical train to take him on an adventure to the North Pole to see the truth about Santa Claus. Locutus added in a 2 Flag CTF, Conquest in both Clone Wars & Galactic Civil War Eras and added Sereja's sides as a new era called "Polar Express Era."
Make sure to install patch 1.3 r129:
- Fixed non-working boundary
- Fixed death region
- Slightly increased the length of the trail because sometimes you could see the end of it
- Added/adjusted memory pools for less performance issues
- Added command posts to conquest script making the mode winnable
- Moved conquest related objects, regions and paths into the conquest layer in ZE
- Added lighting
- Added HDR and ScopeBlur to skyfile
- Fixed weird appearance of the door windows and luggage nets (set material flag to 19)
- Added CTF game mode for complete madness:D
- Moved the custom sides into a new era so you are still able to play clone wars era
- Added push effect to brain detonator (only works if not attached to feet)
To do list:
- Add custom loadscreens [Do you have one for SWBF1 or do you want me to make one?]
- Localization [Could you please send me your CFG files?]
- Change the direction of the wind/snow(?)
- Add custom sound effects to the sides
- Sound streams/music?
- Add correct animation for melee and throw weapons (ticket, knife and whip). Splicers, should have something like a wampa pose...
- Make ectoplasma ally (smile) follow and use shield [Since I don't have SWBF1 I don't know how this should look like. Can you explain?]
- Add steam to locomotive engines as seen in the SWBF1 map topic
- Is there a local faction?
- The trails seem to move into the wrong direction!?
- Fix floating icons (not fixed in swbf1?)
- Get FPMs working
- Fix missing weapon and explosion effects