This version introduces fully animated 3D models for many monsters and NPCs.
- Fully animated models for the Ettin and Chaos Serpent families, including damage skin variants and special overkill animations. Besides the move from 2D to 3D, many models feature additional visual changes compared to their previous sprite iterations (see the list below).
- Ettin Slingers use slingshots and chuck stones.
- Ettin Grenadiers brandish flechettes.
- Ettin Commanders carry a hammer.
- Ettin Warlords gave up their helmets and replaced most of their armor with pure gold pieces. As a warlord, you gotta show off your bling or how will your underlings know you da boss?
- All Chaos Serpents now have a standard death animation (falling down) and an overkill animation (bloody bits flying everywhere).
- Magma Serpents are now huge and their skin is infused with molten lava that only stops glowing upon death.
- Frost Serpents are a new blue subspecies that like the cold and have displaced Wendigos in the icy reaches of Charybdea.
- Flayed Serpents were first conceived in a sadistic wizard's twisted mind, who wondered what would happen if you took some young Chaos Serpents and removed their skin. They live in constant pain that only abates at those moments when they bite into the flesh of some unsuspecting adventurer to drink their blood.
- All animated NPC sprites have been replaced with animated models.
- All female NPC sprites have been replaced with models.
- Most non-unique male NPC sprites have been replaced with models. Some of them even learned how to sit on furniture.
- Chickens, pigs and piglets now have unique animated models.
- The city of Ocadia has been rebuilt from scratch, leaving only some of the most iconic buildings more or less intact. Besides a more up-to-date look, it should also greatly improve frame rates.
- Annoyed by all the construction noise, the market stalls from Ocadia moved to Sichabroner. The joke is on them though, as that cityscape underwent some changes over the summer, too.
- All good things come in threes, so the city of Thystes got a facelift as well.
- Whether health artifacts (Quartz Flask, Mystic Urn) are used automatically is now controlled through a setting in the Options menu, independent of the difficulty setting.
- While in the berserk state, now you can open the Journal (ends berserking) and the Map Scroll (suspends berserking, resumes after closing the scroll).
- Items that can be picked up now always glow, items that can't be picked up don't glow. Most of them also rotate in addition to float bob.
- Built on the concurrently released Vavoom 1.34, the GNU/Linux binaries are now 64-bit (Windows 64-bit binaries will follow in a subsequent release).
- Removed a number of unused textures and compressed all non-transparent textures to optimize memory usage.
- Adopted the bugfixes present in KMOD 5.0 but not in Scattered Evil 1.9 (Fighter levelup bug, load/save screens display issue).
- You can now initiate a conversation with domesticated animals.
- You can now punch most fences and furniture.
- When looking into a mirror, the player now sees an idealized version of himself.