A performance mod. This contains files to reduce the polygon count of the grass. It contains a total of 12 different versions to choose, so you can tailor the performance and visual difference based on your needs.
* This Mod improves the grass-objects, so that you have more performance!
* The grass-objects have substantial lesser polygons and this increases the performance extreme, because the grass in Oblivion needs much of it!
I have made 12 different Versions!
From Level 0, looks like the original, until Level 3, extremly poly reduced!
* In addition there were "l" (long grasses) and "s" (short grasses) and "sl" (short and long grasses) !
In the "l" versions I have made all of the grass-meshes long, in the "s" I have made all short, in the "sl". By the "sl" I have let the long grasses long and the short, short.
It ist recommend to use the "s" versions, because it gives much more performance as the long grass!
* In this Mod were 12 different grass-Meshes versions, you can only select one of them!
* Make a backup from "plants" and "oblivion"!
* Copy from your selected grass-Version the folders "plants" and "oblivion"!
* If you have these folders under "\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Meshes\" copy the content in the particular folders!
* Paste the files or folders and make "Yes" by overwrite!
* Also you can make some changes in the Oblivion.ini for the grass:
* Open the folder "\My Games\Oblivion\"
the file file "Oblivion.ini"!
* Search: "[grass]"
(the lower the value, the higher the gras density! )
* (pointlighting for grass, needs performance)
* (maximal windmoving of grass)
* (minimal windmoving of grass, on setting 0 of both values, the grass isn't anymore moving but this increases the performance)
* Save after your changes the "Oblivion.ini"!
* Delet the Folders "plants" and "oblivion" in "\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Meshes\" and rename the backups into "plants" and "oblivion"!
* If you are having some problems, the OblivionModGods-Team is reachable in the Forum:
* At last, we thanks Bethesda for creating such a cool game, the guys from the NifTools-Forum(http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/) for the better understanding of the .nif-format and all of you, who play our Mod :)
* You are allowed to modify this Mod on your own, but only for yourself!
* If you want to publish a modified version, you have to ask us first for permission to do this, and you have to mention us in your credits!