This is a brand new mod for the popular classic game Rise of the Triad, otherwise known as ROTT. It adds new features to the game like letting you carry more than one missile weapon at a time.
Personally whenever I played this game in those years, I was never happy with the game not allowing me to carry more than one missile weapon at a time and I did not like the bar display for the player's health and ammo (others may disagree of course). When Birger Andreasen and J. Bailey released the source code for the Windows port they were developing; I decided to take a shot at changing the game so that ROTT plays just like Doom. This mod was the result of 6 weeks of work on and off back in 2009. It remained on my hard drive for more than 2 years untouched but I decided to start working on it again recently. It is still in its beta form and it needs play-testing. I am releasing it on Moddb.com now so that fans of this game may play it and hopefully give me some feedback on any bugs and suggestions they like me to implement so that a final version is released.
I believe that Birger may incorporate these features in a future release of his source code for WinRottGL.
All credit for the Windows source port goes to Birger, J. Stafford and J. Bailey and of course to 3dRealms for the original source code.
New features and modifications in this mod:
1. There is no infinite ammo for the bullet weapons, however you start off with 50 bullets and every time you kill a guard he should drop a pistol for you to pick up, and this will increase your ammo count by 5 shots each time.
2. You can now carry more than one missile weapon at any time; the game will no longer force you to drop the bazooka whenever you pick up the heat seeker or the firebomb..etc.
3. The ammo and health displays are now in digital format. I replaced the player's ammo and health bar with a numerical display, so your missile count can now go over 10 easily.
4. A new cheat code is implemented just to test this mod, it will give you all the normal 9 weapons at once plus enough ammo for each. Just type the usual dipstick while in the game followed by \gw1
5. Use the keys 1 to 3 for the bullet weapons and keys 4 to 9 for the missile weapons.
6. This mod should play all normal ROTT game maps on Windows and in GL Hi-Res quality whether they are user made or original .
Note: all the magical weapons should work as normal and are not changed in this mod.
Download it from the mods/downloads section on moddb.com.
If you have problems setting the game up, then have a look at the Tutorial here.
As always make backups of your games and files and scan for viruses.