This is the second beta version, entitled the "Successors" update, for Roma Universalis, the Europa Universalis IV total conversion mod. Works with Europa Universalis v1.14
Put in "My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mods/"
Load up EUIV, and select the mod from the launcher.
- New event chain simulating Alexander the Great's conquest of the Persian Empire and the splitting up of it
- Changed national ideas, making Macedon one of the strongest military powers in the game
- New flag
- New event that will randomly pop up giving the option to preserve the monarchy or convert to an oligarchy
- Will convert to Maurya after Alexander's conquests or, if a player, be given the choice to convert to the Mauryan empire and receive claims on India
- Added Ptolemaic Egypt, the Lysimachids, the Antigonids, and the Seleucid Empire as Successor Kingdoms
- Added a new 323 BC bookmark to allow playing as one of the Successor Kingdoms
- Main Grand Campaign bookmark should be used to play as Macedon and fight against the Successor Kingdoms or attempt to preserve the Empire
- Ships now cost manpower to repair and recruit; when damaged, ships that are being repaired will draw from your manpower pool.
- Galleys now cost 250 manpower, heavy ships 500 manpower, transports 100 manpower, and light ships 200 manpowers.
- Religion descriptions have been implemented into the game to increase immersion
- Balanced out religious bonuses across the board, making some that were previously overpowered a bit more balanced
- Added several flavor events to the Seleucids, Baktria, and Ptolemaic Egypt to convert to domestic/neighboring majority religions if desired
- Added in religious rebels for all religions, previously missing
- Norse religion renamed to Germanic
- Polytheistic and Middle Eastern religion groups can now form personal unions and have Defenders of the Faith
- Added the Mauryan Empire, Ptolemaic Egypt, the Seleucid Empire, the Lysimachids, and the Antigonids as new countries
- Streamlined technology costs, with Tribal and Nomadic governments having an increase in tech costs while countries outside of Italy and Greece have lower tech costs
- Added a reformation/westernization decision for Tribal and Nomad governments to reform from their government into a more centralized and western government
- Most civilizations/tech groups have a much larger view of the world map now, with the Hellenic knowing the most of the known world (from Britain to the Indian border)
- New flag and darker, more imperial-looking red map color for Rome
- Brand new beautiful loading screens
- New title card
- New main menu logo for the mod
- Fixed some issues with music
- Carthage is now the world's only end node
- Development levels significantly increased in Italy, Iberia, western Persia, Assyria, Gaul, Greece, and Baktria; significantly decreased in Sogdia, Parthia, and eastern Persia
- Some new province names for historically significant provinces like Gaugamela and Babylon
- National Ideas added for the Mauryan Empire, the Nanda Empire, Epirus, Syracuse, Magna Graecia, Samnium, Lysimachids, Ptolemaic Egypt, Antigonids, Seleucids, Bosporon, Ancient Egyptian, North African, Carthaginian, Etruscan, and Italian nations