Resident Evil Survivor (2000) completely remade in the source engine with new puzzles and environments!
Please note: I've also provided this information in the form of a README file attached with the download
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOAD:
- Download and run: Half life 2, ep 1, and ep 2. (getting to the menu screen should be enough)
- Next download "Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer" from your library on steam
- Under the properties of Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer set the beta to "Upcoming" and then run it.
- Unzip "Resident Evil Survivor.zip", take the entire folder and place it in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods
Once that's all finished reopen steam and the game should be in your library, ready to play.
IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO PLAY WITH CONTROLLER FOLLOW THESE STEPS (Super Simple):
- First, complete all of the installation steps for the mod as seen above.
- Next, go to file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Resident Evil Survivor\cfg
- locate and open the file "autoexec.cfg" with notepad.
- Delete EVERYTHING inside and replace it with this:
alias +sprint "-attack; -attack2; unbind L_TRIGGER; unbind R_TRIGGER ; +speed; global_set friendly_encounter 1"
alias -sprint "bind R_TRIGGER +attack; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; -speed; global_set friendly_encounter 0;"
bind L_SHOULDER "+sprint"
- Run the mod and open the options menu
- Go to the tab labled "Mouse"
- Select the box labled "Enable the gamepad"
- Restart the mod and enjoy! :)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SWITCH BACK TO MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SIMPLY SWITCH THE CODE BACK IN "autoexec.cfg"
Here is a copy of the original code:
alias +sprint "-attack; -attack2; bind MOUSE1 -sprint; bind MOUSE2 -sprint; +speed; global_set friendly_encounter 1"
alias -sprint "bind MOUSE1 +attack; bind MOUSE2 +attack2; -speed; global_set friendly_encounter 0"
bind shift "+sprint"