This is an Animation overhaul in a simple Decorate file. Just load the zip into GZDoom, LZDOOM, or whatever else it might work on. This is not just smooth animations, it is also artistic license while maintaining the correct timings on the enemy attacks and weapon fire timing!
The base files of the weapons and most monsters have been rearranged to give a smooth experience. This is different than say SmoothDoom because it is just redone all with the base doom data.
Utter care has been taken to keep intact the specifically the Monster Attack timings and Weapon fire times matching Vanilla accurately, The SSG is of particular note because how it's code is arranged so the reloading time is changed slightly for smooth purposes but the actual timing between 2 shots on Refire is intact. I had to math and stopwatch both shotguns in order to maintain quality. The same timing care was applied to the enemies attack animations, which are predominantly subtle changes for smooth purposes or artistic license.
Heres the list:
- Fist: Barely changed. Might not be noticeable
- Pistol: Looks like it has more kick
- Shotgun: Cocking action is a bit more pronounced
- SSG: Animation is FAR less choppy than vanilla. Call it the crown jewel of the mod
- Chaingun: Same firing speed but the barrel animation spins way faster and smoother
- Rocketlauncher: pure vanilla cuz there wasnt much to work with
- PlasmaRifle: The Hold position is different. Looks great imo
- BFG: Pure vanilla cuz nothing much to work with
- Chainsaw. The idle is slower. More realistic. Fire is vanilla
- All Enemies have a smoother walk animation except the fliers, Babyspider and the 2 bosses
- Death animations have been sped up for realism purposes except for SpiderMom and Cyber
- Shotgunner has a minor cocking animation after he fires
- Chaingunner Bright animations flicker differently but he shoots the same
- Imp Is SUPER SMOOTH. another crown jewel
- Pinky has a faster looking bite animation but it actually has the same timing ratio, BUT the bite jaw action is actually faster. He pauses slightly before he bites instead.
- PainElemental explodes faster on his death, and same for the Lost Souls.
- This mod also Works on FREEDOOM with FANTASTIC results !!!
now here is the 11 minute demo video