This mod removes false light sources, like random glowing sections of wall, and replaces them with physical sources (i.e. a candle or fire). This will cause a performance hit, and sometimes the sources are overpowering, but it does add to the immersion f
Have you noticed Oblivion is full of fire that actually don't light?! Have you wondered why Ayleid ruins are full of welkynd stones sealed in walls? Do you hate the mystic light points that make your life easier in the caves?
This plugin (will) remove (most of) all fake lights that you can find hanging around and make fires\welkynd stuff etc. the real light points
- no more fake lights, since in TES4 there're a lot of candle\fireplace\etc. that actually don't produce light
- a rebalance of interior lightning system since IMO there're too many interior cells (houses, shops,...) too darker.
- now daytime windows make lights (according where they are) while on nighttimes the only light sources are candles, fireplaces etc.
- fixed ayleid interior lightning system: I've assumed most of static welkynd stones are lights of different kind according to their magnitude and colour. Of course any other fake light source. Now there're places "shining" remembering their past glory and others completely dark (IMO this give more the sense of a ruin)
- welkynd\varla stones now are full working movable light sources (without loosing their powers of course ;))
- tuned cave lights: if there's a sun spot or a fire you got lights, but most of fake lights that let you explore caves without a torch have been removed
- fixed fire damage effect to fires, added restore mana effect to violet magic fire and damage mana effect to white magic fire
- wood in all brazier
Q: The cell XY looks too bright\dark. Could you fix it?
A: Sure, just let me check it: if I agree with you I'll be happy to change it.
Q: Cell XY is too slow...
A: First be sure that you're using last version of this mod. I'm improving performance on every new release modifying vanilla scripts and changing the light types. If you're sure yours is the last version please let me know where you've experienced this performance fall. Don't forget to mention which plug-in you're using with mine and your configuration.
Q: With new version I’m experiencing a CTD (Crash To Desktop) when I load my savegame
A: Many places now got a completely dynamic day\night-time switching system: this could cause some problem if your save game is near one of this light source: you should try to save in a different place or at different time (or use a different save game ;))
Q: The game crashes when I returned to desktop
A: This kind of crashes seems related to heavy modifications of vanilla game (i.e. it happens also if you load too many plug-ins together). I don’t know if this is the case, I just know these crashes do not corrupt your game or save game. If anybody can give me a solution to this problem I would be happy to fix it. In meantime keep in mind I don’t take any responsibility of any damage\angry_friend\exam_failed\work_not_finished caused by this plug-in!
Q: Are you gonna make a dungeon only version\a modular version of your mod?
A: Not at the moment
Q: But I can’t live without a dungeon only version!
A: Take TES4Gecko utility, open my plug-in with it (Display\Copy option in TES4Gecko), “toggle ignore” cells that you want being reverted to vanilla lightning system, hit done.
Q: Lights are too bright!
A: That's because you're using HDR. Oblivion's HDR makes everything shine (the (in)famous radioactive carrots is just an example). I've been reported that modify [BlurShaderHDRInterior] in your oblivion.ini will solve this problem, but I take no responsibility from any damage you can make modifying your oblivion.ini! I suggest using bloom instead (that's what I do) that is far more realistic.
Q: I don't like flickering. Make a version without flickering!
A: There’s already a no-flickering patch on tessounce. Take a look at this thread
Q: Is this mod compatible with Darker Dungeons? with Drop lit torches? with Oscuro Oblivion Overhaul?
Q: Is this mod compatible with Natural Interiors?
A: No, unless you remove my lights form interiors or Wormheart's lights from NI-cities.esp. I hope we will release a compatible version when there will be a final release of Natural Interiors. Meantime try and load NI-cities after mine.
Q: Is this mod compatible with Thief Arsenal?
A: No, because my mod changes almost all lights in the game; I've discussed it with scruggsywuggsy the ferret (T.A. creator) how to make a compatible version and we found that I'd need to modify a merged plugins of ours to make them compatible. Since he didn't give me permission to do it I won't :). If you still want to use both you could try and load TA after mine
Q: Your mod isn't compatible with XXX...
A: Till I'll fix it (If I'll fix it) you could load your XXX plug-in after mine