Please note that this patch can be used on both the US RETAIL (CD/DVD) version & the DOWNLOADABLE (D2D) version of the game.
Rainbow Six: Vegas v1.06 Patch Contents
New features :
- Remote administration of servers through Punkbuster’s Web Administration interface (read R6VegasServerReadme.txt)
- Password protected servers
- Match-list sorting
- Fade out time option for chat messages
- Tilde (~) no longer triggers the console while chatting
- Fix a bug where some specific user accounts couldn’t log in
- No more team shuffling on map change
Rainbow Six: Vegas v1.05 Patch Contents
* Update - Ping values are now displayed in milliseconds.
* Update - Chat text now fades after a few seconds
* New - Added widescreen support for the game
* New - Assassination and Conquest game modes added
* New - You can now customize your name in LAN games.
* New - Added Standalone Dedicated Server support (see R6VegasServerReadme.txt)Bugs fixed:
* Fixed an issue with weapons firing on their own after a respawn
* Fixed a bug that prevented ammo and gadgets from being refilled under certain circonstances
* Fixed a bug that prevented the console from being used on dedicated servers
* Fixed a bug where text would remain present after one game in the chat box.
* Fixed a bug that made servers unavailable after being up for a certain amount of time
* Fixed a bug with clients being stuck in the lobby window while playing
* Fixed a bug that incorrectly displayed the wrong map in the server browser.
* Fixed a bug where the canister would not be availabe during a second game
* Fixed issues with C4 not working as intended with doors
* Fixed a bug with snake cam vision remaining in observer mode
* Fixed a bug that allowed a grenade to be thrown while firing a weapon
* Fixed an issue with using the snake cam on an opened door
* Fixed a bug that allowed restricted items to be used coop terrorist hunt
* Fixed an exploit with deployables used on opened doors
* Fixed a bug that made the depot station not close properly if you scored as the game ends
* Fixed a bug that made enemies not appear on the radar while taking cover
* Fixed a visual bug with using doors while taking cover
* Fixed a bug that allowed grenades to be thrown through doors after using snakecam
* Fixed a bug that made it so that you could potentialy have no weapon equipped
* Fixed a bug that allowed players to join an already full game which would result in a freeze
* Fixed an exploit that allowed people to stack a team for a game already in progress
* Fixed many issues with grenades going through walls
* Fixed a visual issue with the ballistic shield, it was appearing low while being held up
* Fixed a bug with the minimap dissapearing after a kill
* Fixed a visual issue with headgears that was affecting their brightness
* Fixed an issue with windows breaking out of sync on clients
* Fixed an issue with the players appearing to slide while taking cover
* Fixed a bug that made Logan slide through walls while taking cover
* Fixed a bugged animation while using gadgets in take cover
* Fixed a bug that made realistic mode revert to normal after a save or checkpoint
* Fixed a bug that didnt save your loadout if Terrorist hunt SP
* Fixed an issue with equipment loadout not persisting throughout games
* Fixed an issue where game doesn't apply set equipment after a game restart
* Fixed a bug where PEC HQ equipment would not be applied on the character when the game starts
* Fixed a bug that removed item restrictions after a map rotation cycle
* Fixed a bug that allowed dead players to communicate with live players
* Fixed a display issue in terrorist hunt that did not correctly show the remaining amount of targets
* Fixed a bug that would reset gun configuration after a map load
* Fixed a movement bug that would make you slow if you changed directions rapidly
* Fixed a bug that would let game options be changed at the same time crashing the game
* Fixed a bug that gave hostages 2 target arrows instead of 1
* Fixed a bug that made equipment and reload not work together if pressed almost at the same time
* Fixed a bug where the reticle could dissapear while doing rapel
* Fixed a display issue with custom camo colors not showing up properly
* Fixed a bug that wouldnt let armor be colored in certain situations
* Fixed a move in the clien loby that made the background move
* Fixed a display bug for buttons to press while using the Xbox360 controller
* Fixed a bug that would always show alpha team highlighted in mission results even if you were on bravo
* Updated Chat system so that new lines refresh chat
* Updated Mouse click system so that the correct pieces of equipment are selected when clicking
* Updated the internal macro system so that pressing 2 hotkeys during chat will not queue up actions
* Updated the Team icon over characters head to be more visible under certain situations
Rainbow Six: Vegas v1.04 Patch Contents
* Fixed PunkBuster client getting kicked after a change of map on the PunkBuster dedicated server.
* Fixed a problem when trying to re-join a server that the user has just left.
* Added all previously non-translated sections to the Engine localized files.
* Fixed looping sound issues in Multiplayer maps.
Rainbow Six: Vegas v1.03 Patch Contents
* Enabled PunkBuster support.
* Fixed the game session creation bug (network failed to initialize) when using HTTP proxies (like Norton Personal Firewall) by using a different destination port.
* Fixed a dedicated LAN crash.
* Fixed the server listing that was capped and didn’t show all the available servers.
* Fixed a bug that prevented picking up weapons when taking a dropped weapon from somebody who was in zoom mode when killed.
* Fixed the secondary console that was assigned to the quote character by default.
* Fixed the radar jammer sound that stays even after death.
* Fixed the floating C4 explosive and motion sensor floating when put on breakable items.
* Fixed the menu problem when mapping the [End] key.
* Fixed the canister that resets in Retrieval when the carrier is killed while taking cover.
* Fixed a Retrieval mode bug that caused a 2nd match from having no reachable canister.
* Fixed a bug that caused the user to lose his weapon without picking-up the one on the ground.
* Fixed some incorrect mapping messages.
* Added a check to warn the user if an instance of the game is already running.
Rainbow Six: Vegas v1.02 Patch Contents
* Fixed a crash when player is kicked from server.
* Fixed a crash when fetching online matches (quick and custom search).
* Fixed a crash/freeze that occurred after many games have been played.
* Fixed a problem when switching from Online to LAN mode.
* Fixed the freeze issue after the Unreal logo related to the Language for non-Unicode programs setting.
* Throwing a grenade on a player using a turret will now apply damage.
* Removed Eye Adaptation.
* Radar jammer now jams all players.
* Fixed map rotation issue on dedicated servers.
* Fixed the choppy Ubisoft logo animation when the game starts.
* Reduced lag with in-game videos on certain computers.
* Many Tutorial-related inaccuracies have been corrected.
* Fixed a dedicated server crash related to equipement.
* Fixed the cursor being stuck in desktop sub-rect after an ALT-TAB.
* Version number will now be displayed to the user in the main menu.
* Fixed a bug while observing a game where while using the joystick, the A button was not displayed properly.
* Fixed controller problem where wrong button was assigned to exit turrets.
* Fixed the missing grenades and ammo when going from Realistic to Normal mode.
Rainbow Six: Vegas v1.01 CHANGENOTES
- Support for the Xbox 360 controller
- Various rare single player ingame crashes have been fixed
- Better support for the use of alt-tab while in game
- Reduced the memory consumption of the game
- Multiplayer difficulty level is now accurate and can be selected accordingly
- Player will now get a kill attributed to his kill list when defender or terrorist dies of damage over time ( incendiary grenade )
- Improved quick search and custom search utility for all game modes
- Improve the chat system to ensure chat box is not always visible
- Enabled changing display resolution of the game
- Corrected some localization issues to display correct message in correct language for various menus
- Display navigational information correctly while in observer mode
- Corrected some menu interface display error
- Respawning while in chat menu will not cause chat window to overlap the game window
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.