RA2YR Enhanced has a brand new AI and makes all units and buildings in the game fun and useful, while holding on to the vanilla flavor as much as possible. Difficulty is strictly respected.
How to install:
- download and run RA2YRE.EXE (it can even run from zip);
- set the Yuri's Revenge folder in the text box;
- if you already have a previous version of this mod, click Uninstall to remove it;
- then click Install to apply the new version;
- adjust the mod difficulty at any time if you wish (the game must be restarted);
- run the game.
- NET 3.5
- you might need to run it with administrative rights if the game is on the same drive as the Windows installation (like C:).
* New loading screen.
* SEAL does less damage and can no longer one-shot infantry.
* Destroyer's damage has been increased.
* All shipyards are stronger now.
* Robot Tanks weapon changed to laser and they can also target air units now, but their range is quite short and they're only useful in large numbers. They don't do well against buildings.
* Added new AI scripts and fixed a few that didn't work as expected.
* Although the chance is low, brutal computer players may build an additional base now.
* Various updates.
* Adjusted underwater detection a bit (SEAL, Tanya, Boris, V3 Launcher, Yuri Prime, Master Mind)
* Most units and base defenses (except those with electrical and fire weapons) can now target revealed underwater units. It was annoying to see them lurking around yet not be able to attack them with anything but naval units which in return couldn't be created because the shipyard was being destroyed in a few seconds.
* Detecting underwater units doesn't work well for air units, moved feature to other units instead (SEAL, Tanya, Boris, V3 Launcher, Yuri Prime, Magnetron)
* Minor AI adjustments.
* To prevent having to fish for underwater units which took over an area (usually where a player last placed a shipyard), a few more units can sense them now (Seal, Siege Chopper, Floating Disk).
* Improved some AI scripts.
* Yuri now has a much needed Gattling Ship.
* Gap Generators have their range reduced (from 10 to 7), but now they can also be used as advanced power plants (similar to the Soviet Nuclear Reactors but weaker and cheaper), giving them usefulness against the computer players who otherwise couldn't care less about the shroud. They also rotate now.
* Launched units/missiles are now immune to radiation to avoid exploding over their carriers/launchers when spawned over radiated ground.
* Battle Fortresses, Apocalypse Tanks and Terrorists are immune to psionics now, giving more trouble to Yuri.
* Improved some AI scripts and fixed a few minor issues. Players no longer receive free Grand Cannon Vehicles as starting units.
* RA2YR Enhanced now has a custom loading screen.
* Grand Cannons can now be deployed only by vehicle. Allied Grand Cannon Vehicles are quite slow making French expansion less aggressive.
* Added more AI scripts. French computer players may attempt to plant Grand Cannons near enemy bases.
* Terrorists are more resilient, making Cuba stronger.
* Engineers may also repair broken bridges.
* Decreased Magnetron range, it was way too long.
* Navy AI has been enhanced, computer naval fleets are very dangerous now as they can attack any structure in range.
* AI can build Shipyards further away from base, this should fix many naval maps where AI doesn't build a Shipyard.
* Modified Arena of War (2-8) map to have water on sides.
* Added new map, Redneck Brawl (2-8).
* Fixed a few AI scripts.
* Maintenance update, plus a bunch of new AI scripts.
* Maintenance update (reorganized some stuff, adjusted AI priorities etc).
* Fixed small issue getting Yuri AI stuck.
* The AI has been enhanced even more. Air raids are more dangerous now, better have some AA around.
* Computer players can make more than one factory for each type of unit, greatly increasing production. Along with the new AI, this will create complex combat situations for endless fun.
* Probably the most important change, the AI has been completely redesigned, making the computer players a lot more challenging by organizing larger task forces and less boring assaults.
* Airplanes get repaired after raid.
* Prism Tanks have been nerfed and can no longer wipe an entire map by themselves.
* Some vehicles are more dangerous now, as they can fire while moving.
* Some vehicles received better guns.
* Structures have a slightly wider range of deployment, allowing you to make less cluttered bases. This also helps the AI from getting stuck inside its own base.
* IFVs and Guardian GIs can no longer destroy walls (they used to ruin base defenses by destroying walls while targeting air units, which is a game glitch).
* German Tank Destroyers are much weaker, while doing greater damage and having a wider range. They are no longer doing reduced damage against harvesters, making them very nice vehicle hunters.
* Units mounted on Black Hawk helicopters can now fire from inside, making them resemble real helicopters.
* Some missile launchers (like the Allied Patriot Missile) can fire more missiles, making them more realistic.
* Terror and Chaos Drones are faster and they can be quite dangerous and annoying now.
* Costs have been lowered for some expendable units like the drones.
* Some slow units (like the Kirov Airship) and some missiles are slightly faster now.
* AI will now deploy buildings like Spysat Uplink and Nuclear Reactors, which can be captured for great advantages.
* Some buildings have been moved to the Structure Tab so you can still build base defenses while making them.
* Walls can be deployed much faster.
* Enemy technical structures (like the Oil Derrick) must be destroyed as well in order to completely defeat that enemy.
* Many, many other tweaks that attempt to reduce bugs and imbalances, making the game a lot more fun.