This mod is mainly intended for skirmish games against the computer, giving a new life to the game while holding on to the vanilla flavor as much as possible.
* Maintenance update, plus a bunch of new AI scripts.
* Magnetrons can no longer fire while moving, this should lower the chance of a game crash when the beam gets too long. AI might place Magnetrons inside tank bunkers now.
* Siege Choppers got a less boring first weapon. AI will use choppers for both attack and defense.
* Added a few more scripts to make AI more resistant to air strikes.
* More fine-tuning.
* Maintenance update (reorganized some stuff, adjusted AI priorities etc).
* Fixed small issue getting Yuri AI stuck.
* The AI has been enhanced even more. Air raids are more dangerous now, better have some AA around.
* Computer players can make more than one factory for each type of unit, greatly increasing production. Along with the new AI, this will create complex combat situations for endless fun.
* Airplanes get repaired after raid.
* Prism Tanks have been nerfed and can no longer wipe an entire map by themselves.
* Some vehicles are more dangerous now, as they can fire while moving.
* Some vehicles received better guns.
* Structures have a slightly wider range of deployment, allowing you to make less cluttered bases. This also helps the AI from getting stuck inside its own base.
* IFVs and Guardian GIs can no longer destroy walls (they used to ruin base defenses by destroying walls while targetting air units, which is a game glitch).
* German Tank Destroyers are much weaker, while doing greater damage and having a wider range. They are no longer doing reduced damage against harvesters, making them very nice vehicle hunters.
* Units mounted on Black Hawk helicopters can now fire from inside, making them resemble real helicopters.
* Some missile launchers (like the Allied Patriot Missile) can fire more missiles, making them more realistic.
* Terror and Chaos Drones are faster and they can be quite dangerous and annoying now.
* Costs have been lowered for some expendable units like the drones.
* Some slow units (like the Kirov Airship) and some missiles are slightly faster now.
* AI will now deploy buildings like Spysat Uplink and Nuclear Reactors, which can be captured for great advantages.
* Some buildings have been moved to the Structure Tab so you can still build base defenses while making them.
* Walls can be deployed much faster.
* Enemy technical structures (like the Oil Derrick) must be destroyed as well in order to completely defeat that enemy.
* Probably the most important change, the AI has been completely redesigned, making the computer players a lot more challenging by organizing larger task forces and less boring assaults.
* Many, many other tweaks that attempt to reduce bugs and imbalances, making the game a lot more fun.
How to install
- Download and unzip the package into your Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge folder, overwriting if necessary.