Tier666 is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Arena. Bots now move faster and act more unpredictably. You can expect more on enjoyable opponents. 5 new gametypes support bots specialized for each one.
* sample gameplay video *
Title : Quake3 Arena Tier666 Modification 2011(final full version of the year 2011)
Author : a13xoloid
description : Bot AI Mod for extraordinary offline experience
* Description *
Tier666 is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Arena.
Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably.
You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Features *
- new gametype "Tour d'Arena" or "TDA" (a variant of Rocket Arena or Clan Arena)
- new gametype "Quick Caputre Strike" or "QCS" (a variant of Capture Strike)
- new gametype "Occupy Sweet Spot" or "OSS" (a variant of Domination)
- new gametype "Not True Tourney" or "NTT" (a variant of Tournament)
- new gametype "Kill The Emperor" or "KTE" (a variant of TDM)
- universal instagib mode (a variant of instagib)
- additional player movement
- advanced bot movement
- dynamic weapon choice AI
- more unpredictable bot behaviour
- flexibly configurable AI, per map, per gametype, per general
- wider range of graphic setting than original Quake3 Team Arena
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of Quake III Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to version 1.27 or above
- if you have previous version of tier666(v3.1 or below) installed, be sure to delete it or prepare to overwrite it
- unzip the contents of tier666-2011.zip to your Quake3 folder, so that "q3-tier666.exe" sits in the same directory with original "quake3.exe"
- double click "run_tier666.bat" to play (you can create your own shortcut as well)
your_quake3_directoy\ (such as C:\game\quake3\)
|_baseq3\ (addon maps can be put anywhere else as long as they are surely looked up)
| |_ map-mvctf01.pk3
| |_ pro-q3tourney7.pk3
| |_ ra3map1.pk3
| |_ spank1.pk3
| |_ ztn3tourney1.pk3
* Supported Official Maps *
- pro-q3dm6 (FFA, NTT, KTE)
- q3ctf1 (CTF, QCS)
- q3dm1 (OSS)
- q3dm3 (FFA, OSS, KTE)
- q3dm4 (FFA, OSS, KTE)
- q3dm6 (OSS)
- q3dm13 (OSS)
- q3dm17 (OSS)
- q3tourney1 (OSS)
- q3tourney2 (OSS)
- q3tourney3 (OSS)
- q3tourney5 (OSS)
* Supported Custom Maps *
- mvctf01 (QCS)
- pro-q3tourney7 (FFA, NTT, KTE)
- ra3map1 (TDA)
- spank1 (TDA)
- ztn3tourney1 (NTT)
* Change Log (since v3.1) * (full change log is available in the zip file)
- added a new gametype "Not True Tourney"(g_gametype 1)
- added a new gametype "Kill The Emperor"(g_gametype 3)
- added 7 new official maps
- added 4 new custom maps
- added a new property to an existing CVAR "cg_gibs"
- added a new CVAR "g_botItemTimingMaxDelay" for "Not True Tourney"
- added a new CVAR "g_enemySoldierBody" for "Kill The Emperor"
- added a new CVAR "g_teamSoldierBody" for "Kill The Emperor"
- added a new CVAR "cg_lightningImpact"
- added a new CVAR "cg_crosshairHit" (cg_crosshairHealth was removed)
- added a new CVAR "cg_drawItemTier"
- added 4 new preset screen size (r_mode 12: 640x400, 13: 1280x800, 14: 640x360, 15: 1280x720)
- bots now use dynamic weapon choice AI only against human players
- sv_maxclinets is now always set to 24 when match is started from skirmish menu, so that arbitrary number of bots can be quickly added later without map_restart
- now some bots in defense team are teleported to central patrol area as soon as the round starts in Quick Capture Strike
- now in case one human player dies, the team loses the round in Tour d'Arena and Quick Capture Strike if g_arenaSkipBotBattle is set to 1
- replaced legacy S3 texture compression format with newer version, resulting in better quality and faster loading speed on some gfx unit
- fixed a stretched crosshair issue on wider screen resolution
- fixed a MH/RA/YA timer bug where incorrect count was shown if custom respawn wait was specified
- fixed a critical bug that made a round endless in Quick Capture Strike
- fixed a wacky air move bug where human players occasionally could gain semi-flight capability
* Tier666 CVARS (since v3.1) * (full cvar list is available in the zip file)
cg_teamModel - use this model for all team mates (only in effect if cg_forceModel is set to 1) - default : crash
cg_enemyModel - use this model for all enemies (only in effect if cg_forceModel is set to 1) - default : keel
cg_lightningImpact - draw impact flash by lightning gun - default:0
cg_crosshairHit - indicates your bullet/missile hit by colorizing crosshair with color2(the color of rail mark on wall)- default:1
cg_gibs - sets the amount of fragmented gibs, 0:disabled, 1:full, 2:cuts 33.3%, 3:cuts 66.6% - default:1
cg_drawItemTimer - draw MH/RA/YA timer during weapon selection, 0:disabled, 1:basic, 2:detailed - default:2
g_botItemTimingMaxDelay - in Duel Training Mode bots' item timing(MH/RA/YA) can be delayed up to this value + 1 seconds - default:1
g_enemySoldierBody - specify the enemy solider body in Kill The Emperor mode - default : klesk
g_teamSoldierBody - specify the team solider body in Kill The Emperor mode - default : sarge