Finally, versión 1.4.2 of quake 4 rip is here, featuring weapon upgrades, heretic, multiplayer (therefore, zandronum) and qcde mappack compatibility. Also includes optional High resolution rips, optional weapons brightmaps and few more things. Plus several quality of life improvements and lots of bugfixes.
Finally, the 1.4.2 versión of "quake 4 rip" is here, featuring all weapons and their upgrades, heretic, multiplayer (therefore, zandronum) and qcde mappack compatibility. Also includes optional High resolution rips (separate download), optional weapon brightmaps and few more things. Plus several quality of life improvements and lots of bugfixes.
People can check progress on the mod by clicking on this trello page.
Versión 1.4.2 changelog: (full changelog included on the download)
* Fixed napalm "ratio damage" frequency. Now it works the intended way.
* Added a "secret script" to get all upgrades at once, no matter which skill you choose.
* Tweaked some animations on nailgun power.
* Deleted bob animation on lightning gun, for the sake of accuracy. (requested feature)
* Replaced sounds for blaster charged up, hyperblaster and nailgun projectile explode.
* Added sounds for hyperblaster projectile fly.
* Updated optional 360p weapon rips.
* Added a menu option to bind each weapon individually.
* Added brightmaps to all weapons.
* machinegun, shotgun and nailgun now has hitsounds on walls and flesh (code taken from q4lfmde)
* Fixed an exploit with weapon upgrades where you could change the upgrade type mid-playthrough.
* Made the "gzdoom's grosshack" sprite invisible (fixes unexpected visual issues on qcde's maps)
* Tweaked napalm launcher projectile angle and gravity.
* Added additional bulletpuff code without sounds for homing revenant projectile.
* Added optional 640p weapon rips.
I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I enjoyed making it - AlphaEnt.